Can anyone recommend me a good band saw blade brand? (81.5")

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tetsuaiga

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm just got a new band saw (dewalt 738), i'm looking to get some good blades for it. The blade length is 82.5" / 2095mm.

I intent to do some ripping as well as curved cutting. Can anyone recommend me a good make of blades?

If you could i'd be grateful for the help. Thank you.

Agreed of course, they really are excellent. But I suggest you call Ian there and see which he recommends, as it will depend on main applications. I run his 'premium' blades on my smaller bandsaw (73") and they are very good indeed. You may be best off investing in 2 blades, a narrower for the curved work, and maybe a half-inch for the ripping - tooth count might need to be different too, but Ian will know. When I say 'investing' I suspect about a tenner each. Honestly the best - and that view is held by many, including the real bandsaw experts!

Thank you very much. Looks like he does a great range of choice.

Yes I will look at getting least 2 blades.

+ another for TuffSaws. Can I suggest hat you buy blades in pairs? If you have just one of a particular blade and something dire happens to it (it happens when you least want it to, of course) the at least you have a replacement immediately to hand. If, on the other hand, you have just that one blade, then you are held up for a few days until you can get a replacement.
You will not be disappointed with Ian's blades.

I'm also for Tuffsaws - I'd had 'premium' blades from another company in my bandsaw before I discovered them, and Tuffsaws blades made it feel like a new machine.

Back