• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Can anyone recommend me a good band saw blade brand? (81.5")

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Tetsuaiga

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm just got a new band saw (dewalt 738), i'm looking to get some good blades for it. The blade length is 82.5" / 2095mm.

I intent to do some ripping as well as curved cutting. Can anyone recommend me a good make of blades?

If you could i'd be grateful for the help. Thank you.

Max Power

Established Member
Reaction score
Best blades I've ever used and great advice and service 8) . Wouldn't go anywhere else now

condeesteso

Established Member
Reaction score
Agreed of course, they really are excellent. But I suggest you call Ian there and see which he recommends, as it will depend on main applications. I run his 'premium' blades on my smaller bandsaw (73") and they are very good indeed. You may be best off investing in 2 blades, a narrower for the curved work, and maybe a half-inch for the ripping - tooth count might need to be different too, but Ian will know. When I say 'investing' I suspect about a tenner each. Honestly the best - and that view is held by many, including the real bandsaw experts!

Tetsuaiga

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much. Looks like he does a great range of choice.

Yes I will look at getting least 2 blades.

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
+ another for TuffSaws. Can I suggest hat you buy blades in pairs? If you have just one of a particular blade and something dire happens to it (it happens when you least want it to, of course) the at least you have a replacement immediately to hand. If, on the other hand, you have just that one blade, then you are held up for a few days until you can get a replacement.
You will not be disappointed with Ian's blades.

JakeS

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm also for Tuffsaws - I'd had 'premium' blades from another company in my bandsaw before I discovered them, and Tuffsaws blades made it feel like a new machine.