Can anyone recommend a shop cleaner (no wife jokes please)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cutting Crew

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Although I have a good dust extractor I would like to get hold of a decent vacuum type workshop cleaner, can anyone recommend a decent one?

I have one of the new Boxer wet and dry vacs from Goblin and Morphy Richards coming in on test next week, this only has a small 15 litre collecting bucket but would appear very powerful, but at a shop around price of £45 could be good value. I'll post when the review is complete.

CC

CC,

Judging by previous threads here and here, I'm guessing the Trend will have some support. :D

For value I think the Earlex Combivac is pretty good, but it's pretty noisy. :(

Cheers, Alf

A bit higher in the price range but I use a Henry, very powerful I lost a foam brush down mine last night :roll: , I belive axminster now sell them under thier own name. If the capacity is not enough go for one of the larger models (Whose name escapes me)

Bean

I have an earlex, made in my own town :D

One day, I will look into buying a trend as they look pretty good. Mr Charley has one and I know he likes it very much :p

I've recently bought the Hitachi one which came top in a GWW comparative test. It is excellent, quiet and powerful. It has power takeoff, I love it.
I had been using a B&D one which was my dad's when we were kids. Still going strong after 30-odd years, but as noisy as a 747.
The best price I found for the Hitachi was at http://www.williamgrey.co.uk/page330.html
Excellent Customer Service, too. THe filter was damaged, new one sent first class next day. I didn't even have to return the duff one.
I think the top unit is the same as the Trend.
Cheers
Steve

Well as Alf and James mention the Trend gets my vote :) 100% better then my old Wicks cheapie...

after my first vac died, I replaced it with a 30litre Jazz beastie from Screwfix.. cheap, cheerfull, adaptable to pretty much anything I use in the shop. Hellova noisy though... still, worth putting up with for the PTO. The motor seems built to last; never seems to complain no matter how hard I push it...

Only down side I've seen with it at the dust bags cost a fortune...

I have Edward - he is a bit larger than Henry. There is a third model, he is larger still (can't recall his name). Edward is pretty powerful, rolls about easily on his wheels, has a retractable lead and I really cannot fault him as a general workshop vac. FWIW.

Trev.

trevtheturner":1cqmxdl7 said:
I have Edward - he is a bit larger than Henry. There is a third model, he is larger still (can't recall his name).
Charles. I think he has a twin called George with an upholstery attachment, but it's so hard to keep up with family news. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Back