Quantcast
  • We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Can anyone recommend a shop cleaner (no wife jokes please)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Cutting Crew

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Although I have a good dust extractor I would like to get hold of a decent vacuum type workshop cleaner, can anyone recommend a decent one?

I have one of the new Boxer wet and dry vacs from Goblin and Morphy Richards coming in on test next week, this only has a small 15 litre collecting bucket but would appear very powerful, but at a shop around price of £45 could be good value. I'll post when the review is complete.

CC

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
CC,

Judging by previous threads here and here, I'm guessing the Trend will have some support. :D

For value I think the Earlex Combivac is pretty good, but it's pretty noisy. :(

Cheers, Alf

Bean

Established Member
Reaction score
A bit higher in the price range but I use a Henry, very powerful I lost a foam brush down mine last night :roll: , I belive axminster now sell them under thier own name. If the capacity is not enough go for one of the larger models (Whose name escapes me)

Bean

sawdustalley

Established Member
Reaction score
I have an earlex, made in my own town :D

One day, I will look into buying a trend as they look pretty good. Mr Charley has one and I know he likes it very much :p

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
I've recently bought the Hitachi one which came top in a GWW comparative test. It is excellent, quiet and powerful. It has power takeoff, I love it.
I had been using a B&D one which was my dad's when we were kids. Still going strong after 30-odd years, but as noisy as a 747.
The best price I found for the Hitachi was at http://www.williamgrey.co.uk/page330.html
Excellent Customer Service, too. THe filter was damaged, new one sent first class next day. I didn't even have to return the duff one.
I think the top unit is the same as the Trend.
Cheers
Steve

Charley

Established Member
Reaction score
Well as Alf and James mention the Trend gets my vote :) 100% better then my old Wicks cheapie...

Midnight

Established Member
Reaction score
after my first vac died, I replaced it with a 30litre Jazz beastie from Screwfix.. cheap, cheerfull, adaptable to pretty much anything I use in the shop. Hellova noisy though... still, worth putting up with for the PTO. The motor seems built to last; never seems to complain no matter how hard I push it...

Only down side I've seen with it at the dust bags cost a fortune...

trevtheturner

Established Member
Reaction score
I have Edward - he is a bit larger than Henry. There is a third model, he is larger still (can't recall his name). Edward is pretty powerful, rolls about easily on his wheels, has a retractable lead and I really cannot fault him as a general workshop vac. FWIW.

Trev.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
trevtheturner":1cqmxdl7 said:
I have Edward - he is a bit larger than Henry. There is a third model, he is larger still (can't recall his name).
Charles. I think he has a twin called George with an upholstery attachment, but it's so hard to keep up with family news. :roll:

Cheers, Alf