Can anyone make softwood sash windows?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pond

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to budget costs to build my own house. I need someone to make softwood (or maybe hardwood depending on costs) sash (or fake sash) windows to part L regs. Any ideas of costs?

Is there anyone on here makes these, preferably in the North Cambs, South Lincs, North Norfolk area?

If not, does anyone know where to go for such a thing? I have googled but most are sash repairers!

Cheers

Andy

Pond":twxasq5z said:
Hi,

I am trying to budget costs to build my own house. I need someone to make softwood (or maybe hardwood depending on costs) sash (or fake sash) windows to part L regs. Any ideas of costs?

Is there anyone on here makes these, preferably in the North Cambs, South Lincs, North Norfolk area?

If not, does anyone know where to go for such a thing? I have googled but most are sash repairers!

Cheers

Andy

Restorers should be able to make sash windows for you.

i could but not exactly around the corner from you. How many windows are you needing?

Edit:

Here is Some i made earlier
6gzy9t.jpg

211wjmr.jpg

ocmyg.jpg

24oyre1.jpg

These were made from sapele with a 7mm radius ovalo mould to the sashes, spiral balance units from mighton and planitherm glass units (24mm) with superspacer and duplex bars for the glazing bar infills. Draught sealed with brush/fin parting bead, meeting rails and staff bead.

Theses were madd to fit a standard window opening(fitted from outside) to look like a normal sash as the spiral balance has no need for a chunky box. Box sash is available also.

Thanks for the replies guys.
Olly those windows look fantastic! Could you give an idea of cost for those Sapele items?

As I said, I am trying to budget for them at this stage. My local planners are very fussy about 'high quality' new builds, as am I!

It is difficult to get firm quotes, as I not yet at full drawings stage, just want a 'ball park'!

thanks
Andy

Back