Can anyone identify this ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Ullathorne.jpg

Does anyone know what this measuring device is. It is made by 'Ullathorne & Co.' and is 9" long. It starts out folded flat but opens out into some kind of measuring device ?

Thanks.

A quick search shows Ullathorne & Co were in the shoe business, which confirms my first thought: it's for measuring feet. There's probably a proper name for it, but it escapes me.

Cheers, Alf

Alf":1rvva8qx said:
A quick search shows Ullathorne & Co were in the shoe business, which confirms my first thought: it's for measuring feet. There's probably a proper name for it, but it escapes me.

Cheers, Alf

I thought the same but hesitated to mention it for fear it might date me. Does anyone else remember the X-ray machines in Clarks for checking your tiny feet were not constrained? I loved waggling my green toes..

waterhead37":10amtftb said:
Does anyone else remember the X-ray machines in Clarks for checking your tiny feet were not constrained? I loved waggling my green toes..

Chris,

That was the best bit of going for new shoes. :D

waterhead37":x2rp8rtu said:
Does anyone else remember the X-ray machines in Clarks for checking your tiny feet were not constrained? I loved waggling my green toes..
Sounds fun; must have given them up by the time I was under going the annual "shoes for school" retail torture. :( Ah, the joy of going through a dozen diferent styles only to discover there was only one pair in the right size in the required brown. <shudder>

Cheers, Alf

At least you had the illusion of choice, my farther worked in the footwear industry, and at new shoe time a pair would appear............No choice no shops :cry: and shoes my farther would feel happy in

Bean

Back