can anyone identify this tool please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

workshopgranny

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, can anyone on this forum identify this tool for me please

it is 2 1/2 inches long and 1 1/2 inches wide

any help would be much appreciated!

:)

Attachments

• tool small.jpg
    tool small.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 1,525
What a quick reply, thanks, it has got a patent number on it but I can't find it when I goo**e the number

the number is 598219

Or like this...
bench stop.jpg

(not mine BTW, found it online and remembered this thread)

Cheers, Vann.

Attachments

• bench stop.jpg
    bench stop.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,458
I have a row of these on my bench....dreadful things if I'm honest, and I wish I'd fitted wooden dogs.

Review here

Hmmm .... I have just succumbed to temptation and bought one, which I suspect may even be the one asked about by the OP, never having been terribly happy with my simple wooden bench stop. When it arrives, and I've got round to fitting it, I'll see if I agree with your review!

Horrible, nasty things :evil: I tried them out a couple of times...the first instance that your plane hits it is not recommended. Almost as nasty as two piece cap-irons :-" :mrgreen: - Rob

I wish I'd never fitted them to my bench. Still the new bench won't have any metal on it but the vice, which will be 'cloaked' in timber! :)

woodbloke":uh7obmlm said:
Horrible, nasty things :evil: I tried them out a couple of times...the first instance that your plane hits it is not recommended. Almost as nasty as two piece cap-irons :-" :mrgreen: - Rob

You're supposed to put them on the top Rob...stops them falling out on yer toes! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jimi

Back