Can anyone explain please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's made to fit their inset plate but that's not to say it couldn't be converted to fit an existing router table. Have you looked at the Packaged Deal which shows the whole lot and watched the video? At one stage I was thinking of buying one but in the end made up my own from offcuts of MDF and ply - a heck of a lot cheaper :)

Seems obvious. You need an upgraded pre-drilled alloy insert in order to use this jig.
It would have been more helpful if they provided a link to the item though.

Bob

Beaten to it!

Yes, I reviewed this for BW a while back.
The jig relies for its guidance on a pair of plastic pieces which are screwed to the router table plate. Their position is critical, so the chances of you drilling your own in exactly the right place is, at best, well, chancy.
You can get round this for stock of a limited width, by running it against your fence rather than over these guides. But (and you would expect me to say this, I'm sure), it's much better to make your own jig:
http://blip.tv/workshopessentialscom/fi ... ig-3225447
S

That's the one I made Steve. Works very well - but no Festools were used its construction :shock: :mrgreen:

RogerP":3fsau5fm said:
It's made to fit their inset plate but that's not to say it couldn't be converted to fit an existing router table. Have you looked at the Packaged Deal which shows the whole lot and watched the video? At one stage I was thinking of buying one but in the end made up my own from offcuts of MDF and ply - a heck of a lot cheaper :)

Yes I watched the video and it looks a handy bit of kit, I was confused with the terminology to be honest,I'm new to routers etc.

Think I will have a stab at making my own,that seems a lot of dosh just for finger joints .

Steve Maskery":29q2iblv said:
Yes, I reviewed this for BW a while back.
The jig relies for its guidance on a pair of plastic pieces which are screwed to the router table plate. Their position is critical, so the chances of you drilling your own in exactly the right place is, at best, well, chancy.
You can get round this for stock of a limited width, by running it against your fence rather than over these guides. But (and you would expect me to say this, I'm sure), it's much better to make you own jig:
http://blip.tv/workshopessentialscom/fi ... ig-3225447
S

Think I must be the thickest newby on this site,I even got confused with the fine tuning section LOL.

That's understandable, it's a clumsy bit of editing. Th reason is that I said something that was rubbish (I can't remember what it was, but it didn't make sense) so I edited it out and so there is not a very detailed explanation of the fine tuning. But, basically, if the fingers need to be moved further apart or closer together, I could slacken off the fixing screws and adjust that fine screw to move the front fence a tad in the right direction.
I hope that's clear!
S

Steve Maskery":14xfa1zp said:
That's understandable, it's a clumsy bit of editing. Th reason is that I said something that was rubbish (I can't remember what it was, but it didn't make sense) so I edited it out and so there is not a very detailed explanation of the fine tuning. But, basically, if the fingers need to be moved further apart or closer together, I could slacken off the fixing screws and adjust that fine screw to move the front fence a tad in the right direction.
I hope that's clear!
S

Nooo Steve its not your vid, I actually think your stuff is great,its me I have got 2 left hands when it comes to woodwork,although I'm pretty poor skills wise I love it.

I have the concentration span of a gnat,nowt to do with editing trust me lol.

Latest posts

Back