Can anybody ID this jointer/planer?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirkpoore1

Established Member
Reaction score
...Or, I suppose, I should say planer/thicknesser?

One of the guys on the Old Woodworking Machine list (owwm.org) has the below machine and would like to identify the manufacturer. It's got about a 16" cutterhead (400 mm?). The only markings are the words Marco.tipo, then Matr No 3845 014. Best guess is that it's Italian, but nobody really knows.
DSC03689.jpg

DSC03690.jpg

These combo machines are pretty rare over here, but folks your way seem to use them quite a bit so maybe you've seen one before. Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks...

Kirk

Looks identical to a old 20" steton i have, italian company, same lifts, adjuster, etc, etc. so 99% sure. Nothing like their new stuff to look at pictures. And it may even have been badged under a different name years ago.

markymark12":1usovfdd said:
Looks identical to a old 20" steton i have, italian company, same lifts, adjuster, etc, etc. so 99% sure. Nothing like their new stuff to look at pictures. And it may even have been badged under a different name years ago.

Thanks, I'll pass that on to him. This one has a fence off an old Crescent jointer on it, so it's seen a little in it's travels. If anybody has any further info, please let me know.

Kirk

Back