Camping out in Saint Paul's

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
I have looked in vain but nowhere can I find just exactly what these people want? What is it that they are trying to achieve apart from screw up the daily routine of those trying to work round there or go about their business etc?

Jacob? Do you know?

Had a quick look at the links and came away none the wiser.

From what I read, it seems to me to be pretty bloody pointless and gets even less credibility from me.

"I'm unhappy so I'm going to mess up Saint Pauls". Guess what? I'm sometimes unhappy but I don't go around acting like a mindless moron.

Specific demands I can understand. Pointless bottom-sitting, no.

"We're facilitators" they cry. No, you're not. Go and do something positive if you feel that strongly. Go and help out at a youth club or an old people's home

:lol:
So you are not going to join them then?

Are you? Seems that once the Sun goes down most of the tents are empty, must be good for the hotels. Anyway the weather's changing and the university year has started so the protest annual season is nearing its end.

Roy.

studders":5nihtwhf said:
Digit":5nihtwhf said:
..... the protest annual season is nearing its end.

Roy.

Does that mean you're not allowed to hunt them after that date? :)

5544-1630-large.jpg

Does that mean you're not allowed to hunt them after that date?

You need a special license, available from you local Post office, price seven shillings and sixpence!

Roy.

But are you allowed to stuff them then mount them? (Double entendre there I think!)

Roy.

Especially with a roasted Apple in their mouths.
I'll hazard a guess that a few years down the road some of these protesters will be bankers and hedge fund managers.

Roy.

The voice of the people! :lol:
One thing I always ask of those agin anything is this, 'what would you replace it with?'
Take republicans, ok, let's retire her maj, bang goe a lot of tourist money for starters then of course we replace her with an elected Head of State.
Now if President Blair doesn't frighten you there's always President Thatcher!

Roy.

I wouldn't worry about it too much you lot. There's a lot going on the world which you won't understand. Just stick to woodwork and you'll be OK. :lol:
PS perhaps :shock:

And the reason we don't understand it it 'cos a) it's not been explained, or b) we do understand, and it's rubbish!

Roy.

Digit":1zmowkhv said:
And the reason we don't understand it it 'cos a) it's not been explained, or b) we do understand, and it's rubbish!

Roy.
the correct answer could be c). :lol:

Could be indeed, but we are as much in the dark as to what C is as to the demos, bearing in mind that many like 'Mindy' of Dale Farm 'fame' are hobbyist protesters who need to get out more.
But you could enlighten us Jacob, you never know, we might agree with you.

Roy.

PS just read a lovely report on electric car performance/costs comparison with petrol and diesel cars.
Cost wise the electric car's running costs win hands down, provided the electricity is produced from natural gas! I kid you not!

Back