Camper van project

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fiddler

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I've not been around for a while. I joined up here originally because I wanted to make a bandsaw box, but I got a bit ambitious with my next project; converting a van into a camper.

The van isn't finished by a long way, but it's fitted out well enough to be able to get away on holiday. I made a vid from all the pics I took. Feel free to comment or ask questions; enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m8I2M98NRA

Hi Martyn, that is coming on great and the video is very informative. Did you do the design? With a caravan or motor-caravan there is endless scope for a woodworker to be innovative. Best of luck with the rest of the conversion.
Regards Keith

Hi Keith, yes I did the design. It's changed many times and continues to change, it's all about making the best use of the space available and adapting it to you own needs. I'm currently working on a switch panel to control the lights and split charging system. I can't see the point of paying several hundred bounds for a Zig unit when all the components are available cheaply from somewhere like CPC.

Hi Martyn, nice job and hope to catch up with you on one of the motorhome forums, I'm Wildman on most of them. Or maybe you will come and visit Devon, I have a CL on the smallholding as well as my workshop.

Hi Martyn, I belonged to the SBMCC a few years back (a LWB Iveco Daily), I have a few bits left in storage, inc a new, unused, fused/switch panel. If you're interested, I'll get some pics.
chris

Latest posts

Back