Camera not working on laptop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geek84

Reaction score
Good Morning Folks

I hope you're all well. I have a 2 year old Lenovo ideapad 320 laptop and the camera is not working any more.

Do you think it is better if I get the camera repaired or shall I just buy a new laptop?

Thank You

You mean the webcam? How much would the repair cost? I'd look at getting a USB plug-in?

Something of a coincidence - I also have a Lenovo 320S laptop. After I updated windows two days ago the camera reverted to black and white rather than colour.

Tried looking through settings etc and can't find any to change this - perhaps it is my ignorance rather than the windows update.

Seems too much of a coincidence if it died straight after an update. Some ideas before you spend money.

Windows has beefed up its security settings to stop unwanted apps accessing your camera. Try looking in privacy settings, maybe nothing is allowed so it appears to be broken.

You might be able to roll back the update, you can with some, look under settings, updates. That would tell you whether the windows update killed it or if it really is dead.

Also there is, or was, an active user forum accessed via the Lenovo website, see if any other users have a post update problem.

Lenovo system update, download it and run it, it will do all the driver updates and possibly the bios as well.
I use it on all the Lenovo laptops at work.

Pete

Yes, there have been issues with Lenovo computer built in camera.

Because of the system interface on my works one, I had to have it replaced but that was because they could not update over the net. Probably because I have poor wifi speed.

Phil

Latest posts

Back