Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Cambered blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Argus

Established Member
Reaction score
An interesting topic, Pete.
Taking the concept a step further, some of us live with open fires and whilst the tradition of Grandad's spills has largely disappeared, we do light our fires this way...... getting a fag-lighter to the back is often fraught.
Here are the conical, spiral spills produced by my Stanley 46. It does need a generous setting and compliant straight grain, as shown by the examples on the right.
DSC_0010.JPG

Attachments

Blockplane

Established Member
Reaction score
Just don't do what I did on Saturday morning - forgot that I had fitted my cambered blade and grabbed the 5 to take one last finishing pass on something important!

Droogs

Is that chisel shar ... Ow
Reaction score
Argus":2r21f7pa said:
An interesting topic, Pete.
Taking the concept a step further, some of us live with open fires and whilst the tradition of Grandad's spills has largely disappeared, we do light our fires this way...... getting a fag-lighter to the back is often fraught.
Here are the conical, spiral spills produced by my Stanley 46. It does need a generous setting and compliant straight grain, as shown by the examples on the right.
If I remember rightly Mr Sellars had a video a good few years ago about making a spill plane as did the old version of woodcrafts i think