Calling you saw restoration types

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myfordman

AKA 9Fingers
Reaction score
I have a vintage 8" Tyzack & Son dovetail saw - about 16 point to the inch. Blade body is 0.5mm/ 0.020"
Nice and straight. Steel backed with a traditional wooden handle. Dirt and surface rust which scrapes off easily.
It possibly belonged to my great uncle who was a cabinet maker and was found in a box of inherited tools.
Could possibly do with a damn good clean, sharpen and reset.
Would there be much interest to folk here? If so I'll pop it in the forsale section.
No idea what it is worth so some guide line would be helpful.

saw.jpg

Attachments

• saw.jpg
    saw.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 414
Always someone interested in an old saw from a good maker, even when it's in need of a good bit of TLC. But fair market value isn't much, saws in better nick can change hands for a fiver.

Like Ed said, but with the likes of Paul Sellers showing the way, there must be people around who'd fancy it and haven't already got an embarrassingly large selection of old saws already...

Bloody Hell Bob...nearly fell off me chair! I thought you might be migrating to to the 'dark side' but then again, you might have wanted a slightly posher object to keep the 'shop door open in the warm weather :lol: :lol: - Rob

Nice one Rob! You won't find me on the dark side - ever!
It seems that it has little value and I've not been inundated by a single expression of interest so it is possibly heading for landfill.

Bob

Myfordman":3hxjjx8p said:
Nice one Rob! You won't find me on the dark side - ever!
It seems that it has little value and I've not been inundated by a single expression of interest so it is possibly heading for landfill.

Bob

Please don't do that !!!

I suspect you would do better at rehoming it if you put it in the ' for sale' section.

Back