Calling Forum Members in North Wales

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianhabby

Established Member
Reaction score
Following the success of Graeme's post here about his woodworking group in Cambs/North Herts area, I thought I would put some feelers out to see if anyone in North Wales is interested in starting a small group.

I've found a useful turning club in Llandygai near Bangor (Gwynedd Woodturners) but it would be good to meet up with some regular woodies as well.

So, what do you think?

regards

Brian

Best of luck Brian, woodies around here seem to be as rare as Dinosaur bites.

Roy.

There's a few of local(ish) forum members Roy, I'm in Caerwedros, there's one in Lampeter and another somewhere around Felinfach area, I'm sure that there are more but can't recall where.

I'm the Chair of the local village hall comitee, albeit without a village hall at the moment - it burnt to the ground in 2007, but following a long battle we've only just heard that we've been awarded £290K from the lottery to re-build the hall. I've been toying with the idea of starting some kind of woodturning/woodworking club once we manage to build the hall, there must be a few woodworkers in Ceredigion that would be interested.

Cheers
Aled

I new of two locally until recently, when one died, we seem to be a rare species.

Roy.

making-fun-054.GIF

Roy.

I'm as close to the (geographical) centre of Wales as makes no difference..... Ystwyth valley.
When you start driving around the place, diesel being the price it is, Wales is a big country; Bangor is still a hell of a long l hike from here, as is the south of the country.

There are a few, very few, wood workers in Wales in this forum and probably some who ought to be.
I know one very skilled guy in particular, just down the road from here, but he won't use a computer......
(Aled probably knows who I'm on about!)

Aled Dafis":2x8tq61z said:
There's a few of local(ish) forum members R, there's one in Lampeter...
I'm near Lampeter.
I've been toying with the idea of starting some kind of woodturning/woodworking club once we manage to build the hall, there must be a few woodworkers in Ceredigion that would be interested.
I would be if it's not too far, depends which direction too (N/S is much easier than E/W from here).

North south good, east west bad. The main coast road runs through my village, but historically Wales was never 'villaged' like England and that still shows today. I'm four miles from Cardigan, (Aberteifi) then nearly forty miles from any major town, Wales may be 'small', but diesel was my single largest expense when I was working.

Roy.

I'm in Caerwedros, only a couple of miles from Synod Inn (a bit of a landmark on the Cardigan/Aberystwyth route). Once we get this Village hall built, I'll try and set something up, I know of a few locals that may also be interseted.

I also have a few contacts with woodmisers for locally sourced and air dried hardwoods (oak, ash, beech) if anybody's interested.

In the meantime, if anybody wants to meet up, have a chat etc. just get in touch, it's always good to meet up with fellow woodies.

Cheers
Aled

I tried to set something similar up in South Wales about a year ago without much success :(

deserter":oi968jaz said:
Close to north Wales, but still in England, Shrewsbury calling in, do we get honorary welsh status?

All wlecome.

I've even got a Shrewsbury post code...........

Aled, you aren't far from me...... Ysbyty Ystwyth.

Back