calling Chesterfield

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

condeesteso

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all... I have a slight problem. A fairly small item I acquired on ebay was listed free p&p on the summary listing, but says collection only on the main item page. Anyway I won it.
screwed.jpg

Is there anyone in or very close to Chesterfield (Derbyshire) that might consider collecting on my behalf and then I can buy some time and maybe collect when next in the vicinity (or find a cheap shipping option)?

It's an old wood vice screw with nut, and he has quoted me £17 to ship... it only cost me a tenner. And I might need it if I build a bench one day.

any help appreciated, with thanks

Attachments

• screwed.jpg
    screwed.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 715
If you ask seller for weight and size it may be a lot cheaper if you use interparcel to have this delivered, I use them a lot, items which the post office would charge £12 to deliver costs me £6.99 + VAT and they pick up from the door.

Hope this helps

Stew

Hi Dean - done, many thanks. I am waiting for seller to get back with weight so I can look at sensible shipping, but just in case!

Top man Dean :)

MyHermes are £3.30 for a package under 1kg, then it goes up in both price/ weight in small increments. I use them all the time, they've not failed me yet.

Good luck with it. _Dan.

mark aspin":3m5uzyth said:
Or Collect+ http://www.collectplus.co.uk/

I've never used them so I don't know what they're like.

Mark

they are ok. slow (3-5 days) compared to other services for the same money but drop off at a local shop often beats wait in all day for the courier. Quite restrictive on size though- max 50x30x30cm, so depends what you are sending.

Back