Calling all UK Unisaw owners!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonny boy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, does anyone over here have a Delta unisaw?
If so please, please, please tell me if it's a 60hz motor and have you had any trouble with the overload cutting out the saw after 5mins or so of running?
Also, can you tell me what the tiny amperage dial inside the starter is set on.

Thanks to anyone taking the time to check this for me.

Jonathan.

Jonathan.
I had this problem develop on my Unisaw,when i had it.
I called an electrician out and he just turned that dial up one notch.He checked everything else over and said the saw was fine,though he suggested putting a bigger cable down to the W/S.Problem solved :D
It started doing it when i went from a 1hp extractor to a 2hp.
The saw was fine after. :D
HTH.
Paul .J.

When this problem occurred it use to just run for a few minutes,but before it would run as normal,over an hour easily,ripping timber down.
Not sure what the dial was set on as i left the electrician to it.He did show me but,i can't remember :roll: I was just glad that it was working normal again.
When it did go off i just had to wait about 2 mins for it to reset itself.
Paul.J.

Mine isn't a Unisaw model and doesn't have any of the dial thingies you mentioned. However, I just checked the motor plate (for the first time, prompted by a PM question) and it says 120V 15A 25-60Hz. I run it off a 3 KVA transformer - there's a complete US wiring set-up in my workshop as well as the 240V ring main. Not sure if any Part P electrician would like it, especially the US twist connectors (although you can't see those as they're inside the boxes).

PS - I wired the whole shop in 2002....before Part P came in :lol:

Back