calling all pussy cat lovers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gus3049":30mu89jq said:
bugbear":30mu89jq said:
Any cat that's an effective mouse killer is probably going to decimate (or worse) your song bird population too.

BugBear

This of course, is unproven and out here in France, demonstrably not true.

That sounded ... unlikely, so I did a little research.

You're quite right, and I'm quite wrong. :oops:

http://www.rspb.org.uk/advice/gardening ... lines.aspx

There are some exceptions, and (as in so many things) the answer isn't as clear cut as you'd like, but the main thrust is clear.

BugBear

" In our village many of the locals have changed from dogs to cats (mostly because of the noise the dogs make and the cr.p all over the place :lol: ) "

What and cats dont cr*p?????? People who moan about dog mess as though its the dogs fault never cease to amaze me, its the owners responsibility to clean up after their pets and keep them under control, not the poor dogs fault. I have had both dogs and cats all my life, but my dogs are the most affectionate, funny, life affirming and fantastic animals I have ever owned and i love them like I love my kids. No contest, dogs all the way....

But, my two staffordshire bull terriers lived side by side with our cat with no trouble at all, so no need to worry there if you introduce and integrate them properly.

Cheers, Mark

markturner":1bxw1w1l said:
" In our village many of the locals have changed from dogs to cats (mostly because of the noise the dogs make and the cr.p all over the place :lol: ) "

What and cats dont cr*p?????? People who moan about dog mess as though its the dogs fault never cease to amaze me, its the owners responsibility to clean up after their pets and keep them under control, not the poor dogs fault. I have had both dogs and cats all my life, but my dogs are the most affectionate, funny, life affirming and fantastic animals I have ever owned and i love them like I love my kids. No contest, dogs all the way....

But, my two staffordshire bull terriers lived side by side with our cat with no trouble at all, so no need to worry there if you introduce and integrate them properly.

Cheers, Mark
Yes we all cr.p but all the cats I've ever had bury the stuff and don't leave it all over the place for me to tread in. No one is blaming any animal for their nature. Its how it impinges on our sensibilities that seems to be the problem. However, we are responsible for them and its the owners I would aim any criticism at. (or at whom etc)

I'd question the 'bury' part, more sort of 'camouflage' it with a 'waffer thin' layer of dirt, bit like a Landmine really. :)

As far as dog merde and the clowns who don't clear it up. I have just spent a merry 10 minutes cleaning the sole of one of my sandals that was covered in cr*p. I collected it in the car park outside the village school! The French just don't seem to think that anything on the ground is their concern, unless it is valuable of course!

They are genuinly lovely people, until thet are one of 2 situations. 1. behind the wheel and 2. when their dog has just c r a p e d, bless (hammer) (hammer) (hammer)

Going back to cats. I don't care how good they are at fouling up the pile of sand that is used on the garden and the gravel on our drive, or how much they don't effect the bird population. hey are NOT welcome in my garden and get the scare of their lives when I see them there. Simple really, it is my property and they WILL live by my rules and not in my garden :mrgreen:

Jonzjob":1jds24yr said:
Going back to cats. I don't care how good they are at fouling up the pile of sand.....
Reminds me of a few years back when I was rendering the garage walls. Made up a batch of mortar, started applying it, only to discover I was literally spreading 'le cat merde' on my wall. Eurggghhhhhhhh. Checked the sand pile, bloody thing was full of it.

Back