Calling all intarsia practitioners, scrollers, modellers etc

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nev

Established Member
Reaction score
Having a clear out of some of the stuff 'that would come in handy one day ' but has just been affordable housing for spiders .
So is this lot any good for any of you good members? It's mainly walnut with some oak and maybe the odd bit of beech or maple.
I'll chuck it in a shoebox and post it.
It's yours for the cost of postage that I estimate will be about 7 or 8 quid via Hermes or similar for the UK mainland.

(The three pics are of the same pieces )

IMG_2277.JPG

IMG_2278.JPG

IMG_2279.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2277.JPG
    IMG_2277.JPG
    456.6 KB · Views: 749
  • IMG_2278.JPG
    IMG_2278.JPG
    788.9 KB · Views: 750
  • IMG_2279.JPG
    IMG_2279.JPG
    794.6 KB · Views: 750
That's a very generous offer nev. If I wasn't so far away (I suspect even "slow boat to China" postage cost would be prohibitive) I'd bite yer hand off!

IF (by any chance) you get not other takers nearer (within UK), perhaps I might keep my eyes on this thread? Of course if the shoebox does go to someone nearer, that's quite OK.

Hi Nev , that’s a nice offer to make . Do you fancy nailing to Northern Ireland by any chance . I find it difficult to get nice hardwoods here .
Kevin

Any one else to go in the hat? I'll draw the golden ticket on Sunday and send on Monday.

You can work out the postage here https://www.parcel2go.com and I'll post it anywhere as you'll be paying anyhoo :)

The box is 27 x 27 x 23cm and is full and weighs about 6kg (my scales top out at 5kg and the box overloads them, but a light lift with finger brings it back under 5, so I think its five point something.
Most parcel people apply the same cost for parcels up to 30kg )

BY the way anyone is welcome not just intarsia folk , the majority of pieces are big enough for little projects like these..

IMG_2280.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2280.JPG
    IMG_2280.JPG
    370.1 KB · Views: 646
Hullo again nev.

Please REMOVE my name for your hat list. I've checked the link you provided and not only would that shoe box cost me somewhere between 20 and 50 quid (depending on the service selected) but you'd have the hassle of extra form filing (Customs, etc).

It would be cheaper using the GPO (or whatever its called this week) but it seems that they'll only handle parcels up to 2 Kgs max.

In addition to the above I'd also face addition costs for "admin fees" (incurred by the carrier presenting the box to Customs at this end) and also possible extra Customs Duty (which, based on previous experience, seems to depend on the mood of the inspector on the day he inspects the box and its paperwork)!

I thank you once again for the very generous offer (and for the link you provided above) but I'm out, thanks all the same.

I wish whoever wins the raffle "viel spass" with the contents.

Thanks again nev.

Kevin and Steve
Kevin you'll need another post before the PM facility becomes available to you (a quick reply to this one will suffice.)

Do I split the loot into two and send one to each (Postage is going to be approx £6 or £7 (NI)) or toss a coin ?

PM me your details and we'll take it from there.

nev":kyi964rk said:
Kevin and Steve
Kevin you'll need another post before the PM facility becomes available to you (a quick reply to this one will suffice.)

Do I split the loot into two and send one to each (Postage is going to be approx £6 or £7 (NI)) or toss a coin ?

PM me your details and we'll take it from there.
hi nev
sorry for late reply
my details are
mod edit

Not heard from Kevin so the parcel is winging its way to you Steve. If you think the contents worthy of a few quid then drop a few coins in the next charity box you pass, I'll cover the postage. Enjoy (hammer)

hi Nev
thank you so much, i would still like to pay for the postage as if you get anymore i would like my name on them too, again thank you..

arrived this morning Nev, thank you so much, not looked yet, please send me your details so i can pay for the delivery..

Back