Call me Mailee

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knappers

Established Member
Reaction score
I got up this morning with all sorts of plans and intentions, then the wife tells me we need a gate to stop the little one and friends disappearing down the side of the house. It quickly became apparent that it was to done yesterday, so.. Having found some suitable overpriced pressure treated timber at Wickes, and fitted building it around some of the other things we HAD to do today...

10b9be3b.jpg

We now have a picket gate. Excuse the photo - it was hung in the dark and rain.

Obviously, if i was Mailee, I would have built three gates and a wardrobe in the same time, but hey.

The path is narrow enough already, so I have used a single post screwed to the house, with a brenton bolt fitting directly into a hole in the arris rail of the fence.
Most importantly, the wife is chuffed to bits - and have even been told I'm on a promise!!

Must go now, I have better things to do... :)

Si

Its not the kind of promise your thinking :lol: it will be a promise of a list of jobs to do #-o
Dave

That's my boy! :lol: Nice work there too. The best part is keeping SWMBO happy too, keeps you in favour when it comes to buying tools. :wink:

Hi,

Nice gate, does it have a stop, or can the wife barge through it the wrong way and rip the hinges off?

I know thats just the sort of weakness my wife is good at exposing :shock:

Pete

Looks good in the daylight Si. Oh and by the way, you were almost correct,
Im in the process of building two wardrobes and two doors at the moment. :lol:

Well I can say "Call me Mailee today" - Sorry Alan i should think you are getting fed up with this.

Been catching up a couple of those "when you've got five minutes" or "can you just jobs" as know I will be having a couple of days out later in the week.

Rattled out this basic vanity unit today for a friend to fit a sink he bought cheap - his design I just had to knock it up and he is painting it

Basic beech frame with birch faced ply - ran out of discoloured beech so the door frames made from sapele.

photo1.jpg

Couple of "A" boards to make tomorrow and then next week will be back on the davenport

Now that is some quick work there Rog, looks nice too. I am afraid I have been slacking today as I have come down with a virus or something. I finished work early today at 5pm as I just couldn't carry on. :cry: Mind you I had made 12 wardrobe doors, and jointed some timber together for an arched door frame. :wink: I decided to call it a day when I made the same door twice! :roll: Just hope I am feeling better tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Sorry about the Hijack Si. :oops:

'Er indoors is always promising me as well,,,,promising me that if I don't finish her jewellery box i'm is the mire, trouble is if I finish it she's going to want something to put in it, I'll see if I can find something down the Pound shop!!!!!

Latest posts

Back