Call me Fick!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodge

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok I know i'm no computer wizard/expert/guru and am better at making than using windows but:-

Ho do you do that thing when putting a link get it to say "here" or "this" rather than the full link code.

Please put me out of my misery

Ficko Dodge! :? :?

Hudson i hope its a failure on my pc's part not yours because i get a page not found error !!
Or its an EPIC failure :lol: :lol: :lol:

andycktm":2i008nye said:
50 -60 ride the wave
40- 50 catch up
30 -40 easy ish
20 -30 your field

Now you've completely lost me - I'm going to stick to the wood butchering! :shock:

Dodge":3vwm43gs said:
Ok I know i'm no computer wizard/expert/guru and am better at making than using windows but:-

Ho do you do that thing when putting a link get it to say "here" or "this" rather than the full link code.

Please put me out of my misery

Ficko Dodge! :? :?

It is simple to do but difficult to describe because what you see on a finished post is not what you see when creating a post.
Suppose we want to point at somewhere. Lets choose my website, because I can boast about the box I made. The address is http://phillvanleersum.users.sourceforge.net/

So you press the button marked URL above your post and it will stick some text in like this:
Code:
[url][/url]
now you put whatever you want to see in blue text as a link between the 'tags'. We will use 'Phills Box'.
Code:
[url]phills Box[/url]
and put the address inside the first tag with an equals sign:
Code:
[url=http://phillvanleersum.users.sourceforge.net/]phills Box[/url]
Then it will come out like this:
phills Box

Does that help?

Edit: I had to put the text into a 'code' block to stop the URL being translated before you saw it. Just concentrate on the text inside the 'code' box.

The link was never ment to take you to a working website, I consided it but thought someone may shout spam. Hence the link is just link.com. It was more to deminstarte it looking how Rog wanted it and me claiming I had no idea how to do it after doing it. I suppose that joke was a failure :?

Anyway, in the example you code you just change domain.tld to the link you wish to share and change Click here to what ever you wish to display as the link title. Like this

andycktm":3golkps1 said:
Just old age creeping on Dodge :)

Oh so true!!!!!

Whats worrying me more is my waist size seems to be keeping track with my age! :shock:

Roger, If in future you want to imitate something you see done in a forum post then hit 'quote' on the post you like and you will see the code that created it.
Don't post it but just look at how it is done.

HTH

Bob

Dodge":nkxrkt17 said:
My Website

Old Dog New tricks - :mrgreen:

Dont feel quite as fick now - maybe just thick!

thanks guys

That Davenport is staggering. Beautiful. I wish I could........

I always maintain there are lots of sorts of clever - and making something like that is certainly one of them.

Hudson Carpentry":3c2ppgt1 said:
In the example you code you just change domain.tld to the link you wish to share and change Click here to what ever you wish to display as the link title. Like this

I've been wanting to do this for ages, can't resist having a go :lol:

French breathyliser kits

If it works it will take you to a link on the new law in France (Of absolutely no interest if you are not ever holidaying in France :lol: )

OMG it did work, thanks Hudson Carpentry and those others above who've helped.

Back