CAD

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
I have received from Serif a program I purchased called
TurboCad V8 (IMSI) priced at £9.99 plus postage£3.
Although I have not got to grips with the program todate I though members might be intrested bearing the price of this software.
Anyone got this software?

Hi Devon

I have several Serif packages and they are great alue for money, generally pretty powerful and incredibly cheap. Serif also have a policy of selling to existing customers at much redcued prieces, something Axminster should emulate :wink:

I used an earlier TurboCAD about 7 years ago and liked it a lot. At the time I was using Autocad and TuboCAD had quite a few features of it's very expensive alternative. I would think it could be ideal for forum members once the learning curve is overcome.

Haven't used it for a while as my work supplies all staff with high end CAD (unigraphics, Solid edge, Autocad), which is nice.

Devon,

That is an excellent price for very good software. I still use version 7 (bought at full price a few years ago) when I want a 2D package. Turbocad is probably the best of the budget CAD programs but the latest version 10 is getting very expensive for this market segment.

You can use it for some 3D work but I prefer a dedicated 3D package for that if needed. (I have access to Solidworks through a friend) .

I have a railway modelling 3D program (train simulator Abacus) fantastic email support and very easy to use. Just pump dimensions in to the different shapes etc. and voila.

Latest posts

Back