• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Cable and Stud finders

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

OLD

Established Member
Reaction score
Can any one recommend a reliable one with the usual adjustments for sensitivity etc i just cannot rely on my existing device.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
The Zircon TriScanner Pro was recommended everywhere when I looked in to this for my dad a couple of years ago, and he seems happy with it. http://rswww.com have it.

Cheers, Alf

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
I've a bog standard, bells and whistle-less Stanley yellow thing. One up from the base model, has a "deep sensor" button and works very well.
15 dabs or so at local orange shed.

Noel

Argee

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just bought a Stanley Itellisensor Digiscan (£47 + VAT) and I'm most impressed with it. Finds studs, pipes and electrics, two depth modes, easy calibration, powerful and easy to use. No connection, just satisfied.

Ray.

Scott

Established Member
Reaction score
Same machine as Ray, and same opinion of it :D

A

Anonymous

I have the Screwy Fix one, to be seen at their website

It seems to do the trick - adjusts well, and I've neither electrocuted myself, or flooded the house...yet!

Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Les Mahon":1143u8hy said:
Your new Avatar looks dangerously like a gloat related to this thread
You might be right there, Les :wink: :lol: - moved in over the weekend... \:D/ I'll post some pics to the old thread when I've moved all the stuff the removals guys put in the workshop by mistake :roll:

Back on topic (sorry Old), I've just noticed that Bosch have a new stud finder which might be worth considering - I don't know about price, but the old version was £40 in Axminster.

Cheers,
Neil

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
OT again I'm afraid:

Neil - better wear ear defenders at all times in that new workshop. When it rains (and I've heard that it can occasionally where you are) it'll be deafening under all that corrugated!

Looks fab though - stick some other pics of the inside up soon.

Cheers

Tim

Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
OK, OK, I'll post to the old thread before this one gets too OT... Tim, see reply to you over there...

Cheers,
Neil

OLD

Established Member
Reaction score
I think i will go for the stanley good reviews here and on amazon thanks everybody for your input.