Cable and Stud finders

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLD

Established Member
Reaction score
Can any one recommend a reliable one with the usual adjustments for sensitivity etc i just cannot rely on my existing device.

I've a bog standard, bells and whistle-less Stanley yellow thing. One up from the base model, has a "deep sensor" button and works very well.
15 dabs or so at local orange shed.

Noel

I've just bought a Stanley Itellisensor Digiscan (£47 + VAT) and I'm most impressed with it. Finds studs, pipes and electrics, two depth modes, easy calibration, powerful and easy to use. No connection, just satisfied.

Ray.

I have the Screwy Fix one, to be seen at their website

It seems to do the trick - adjusts well, and I've neither electrocuted myself, or flooded the house...yet!

Neil,

Your new Avatar looks dangerously like a gloat related to this thread:

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5119&highlight=gloat

Oh and I have no idea about stud finders - it's one of those things which has been on the "must get" list for years, but since I plumbed and wired and built the studing in my current house I kind of know where everything is!

les

Les Mahon":1143u8hy said:
Your new Avatar looks dangerously like a gloat related to this thread
You might be right there, Les :wink: :lol: - moved in over the weekend... \:D/ I'll post some pics to the old thread when I've moved all the stuff the removals guys put in the workshop by mistake :roll:

Back on topic (sorry Old), I've just noticed that Bosch have a new stud finder which might be worth considering - I don't know about price, but the old version was £40 in Axminster.

Cheers,
Neil

OT again I'm afraid:

Neil - better wear ear defenders at all times in that new workshop. When it rains (and I've heard that it can occasionally where you are) it'll be deafening under all that corrugated!

Looks fab though - stick some other pics of the inside up soon.

Cheers

Tim

OK, OK, I'll post to the old thread before this one gets too OT... Tim, see reply to you over there...

Cheers,
Neil

I think i will go for the stanley good reviews here and on amazon thanks everybody for your input.

Back