Cabinet Rollers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi folks

Does anybody know where I could get some rollers to connect to the bottom of a computer cabinet? The ones I have in mind
are basically a long, pretty flat bracket with a roller attached to each end. They can then be bolted onto the underside of a cubpoard or cabinet or something similar. (I have seen them attached to the bottom of fridges).

I have one of those computer cabinets from Argos that I have modified and now I just need to put something underneath it to make it easier to move around.

Thanks in advance for any help :D

I am not sure to what you are referring but would ordinary castors not be suitable?

AndyP

Vard,

Stab in the dark...but are these that you have in mind a variation of an after market device that you'd use for making fridges and washing machine mobile, or at least to be able to be pulled straight out for cleaning purposes? Basically two "skis" with roller type wheels and a cam lock device? These were attached to an expandable pressed steel flat bar?

Rgds

Noel?

Are we telepathic Alf? Hope not.....

Rgds

Noel

PS Vard, deleted the duplicate post in the Buying forum as this one seems to have attracted a reply or two.

Wow!!

Thanks for the speedy replies. Alf, those rollers from Argos are pretty much exaclty what I had in mind. Noel, are those the sort of the devices you were talking about?

Do you guys think they will do the job that I was referring to?

Faster than a table saw kick back...

Well they'll certainly work, but I believe they just do a straight front to back movement, which may or may not be sufficient for your needs.

Cheers, Alf

Sorry guys. Please ignore my last post.

Thanks so much for your help. :mrgreen:

Hi Alf,
Have you got a pair of these rollers? If so, how do they compare
with the Axminster(make-your-own) mobile base roller thingy,for
instance?

TX

TX,

They don't compare with a mobile base. As Alf surmised, they're only good for pulling the fridge or washing machine straight out and sweeping up the dead mice etc. And for £8 a throw I'm sure they're good value for this purpose. Mobile bases are a different ball game with large swivel castors, brakes etc. See an edition of GWW a few issues ago. Ian Dalzeil did a shop made mobile base.

Rgds

Noel

TX,

Wot he said, and no, I don't have any. Wheels and my workshop floor gradient aren't really very compatible, but for those items I do have on wheels, I find the swivelling castors much easier for manouverability in confined spaces. The only real trouble comes if you want to avoid adding extra height, in which case you have to be a bit cleverer in the design of mobile base you make*.

Cheers, Alf

*I'd sooner not disturb the moths in my wallet so I've never bought one yet. :wink:

Thanks Noely,Alf, :D
I have a mobile base and verygood it is too,but i might have
a need for moving my b/saw back and forth and just wondered
if these would do the trick for £8.

TX

Back