Cabinet magnets

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Morning guys,

Looking into getting some round magnets that are drilled into the door and face frame of a cabinet to replace the tradional screw on stuff.
Anyone use some they can recomend?

Cheers

If you’re in the UK, I recently got some good neodymium magnets from amazon

Lots of different sizes and imo a good price can dig out the link if you’d like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes the magnets are to good, and get pulled out of the cabinet door :)

what glue have people successfully used? I've used super glue on the past and was not good...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Last ones I did I used epoxy and covered them in veneer to reduce the strength.

Pete

Beware the magnets with screw holes in the middle. It's easy to over-tighten the screw and break the magnet. There very brittle. I've always used epoxy successfully.
Brian

I use first4magnets, 15mm diameter.
You can either buy north, south or steel plates.
We tend to buy 1000 of each and it gives us the option of large door north and south, small door north or south and a steel plate.
If you get a slight twist on a tall door the north south combo is big enough to pull it in.
As above be careful on tightening due cracking.

doctor Bob":5r8rqtyr said:
We tend to buy 1000 of each and it gives us the option of large door north and south, small door north or south and a steel plate.
If you get a slight twist on a tall door the north south combo is big enough to pull it in.
When you say North AND South combo on a large door, do you mean you use two magnets, one on door, and one on frame, and no steel plate? Doesn't that make it very difficult to open (i.e. too strong)?

sammy.se":drqedx5u said:
doctor Bob":drqedx5u said:
When you say North AND South combo on a large door, do you mean you use two magnets, one on door, and one on frame, and no steel plate? Doesn't that make it very difficult to open (i.e. too strong)?

No, the door is fine to open, we stick a felt pad over the one in the cabinet (15mm x 0.5mm), that stops the click clacking as they hit, completely different feel to a normal magnet catch. More just a slight pull on the door feel as it closes.

Back