cabinet finished

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

AFter 9 months I have finished the cabinet, it is build of alder with a cherry doorpanel.
The report is in German but the pictures will also tell the story :)
Here is the link:
http://www.hobel-und-eisen.de/holz/Badezimmerschrank/badezimmerschrank.htm
P6220444.JPG

regards from Germany
Rolf

Hi Rolf
Welcome to the forum
You have done some nice work there.
And a nice webste as well
And some beautiful looking planes
Excellent stuff

All the best

John

Welcome Rolf

Very impressive cabinate there, something you should rightly be very proud of.

Cheers

Tony

Hello Rolf

Nice work. Well constructed too. Nice to see dovetails being used for construction.

Roy

Rolf,

I hope that my German's not too rusty...

Vielen Dank fuer Ihre Post und das Glied.

Die Hobels sind herrlich!

Jeremy

Bravissimo Rolf ! Very nice cabinet and quite impressive documentation !

Just a curiosity: I see the two sides are plain massive wood. They must be rather heavy: did you consider the option frame-and-panel for them ?

Cheers
Alberto

My intention was to built massive sides and to join them with dovetails (second time I made them so I used a dovetailguide) as I saw the timber with dark "false" heartwood.
Zinkenlehre1.jpg

As the wood I used was ALder the corpus is not that heavy, I could always handel it alone.
As the side will expand and contract in the same way as the top and bottom this was less effort to build as frame and panel to deal with changing humidity.
The main difficulty was that the boards were lightly twisted. So the corpus is not perfect square...

regards
Rolf

Rolf":sy8xw6bs said:
The main difficulty was that the boards were lightly twisted. So the corpus is not perfect square...

I had the same problem once and since then I prefer to use frame-and-panel everywhere ! It's more work but less panic if the wood begins to move !

Cheers
Alberto

P.S. I presume you couple the magnetic dovetail guide with a dozuki, uh ?

Not sure I got round to welcoming you, Rolf. Sorry about that.

I like the cabinet, especially the bit about making the moulding. Something I keep meaning to get round to trying, but it keeps dropping down the "to do" list. :( And you've got a "55" too. Lucky guy. BTW, I think your dovetail guides are much nicer than the ones that won top tip in FWW. :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Back