cabinet & draw router bit set from Rutlands

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.rutlands.co.uk/cgi-bin/psPro ... ?promo=105

Purchased this set a couple of days ago and got notification that delivery from parcel force is due next 24 hours.

I have the Triton router table and keeping my fingers crossed that the large panel cutter will feed up through table. I suppose if not I could make a dedicated table top just for this one cutter.

Anyhow let you know how it goes.

I've been looking at this set myself. I am a relative router novice, the bit in the bottom left of th eprofile shots I think is the drawer lock joint cutter? Anyway, I can see how it cuts one piece, but not how it cuts the matching piece.

Any ideas?

mickthetree":3d683ije said:
I've been looking at this set myself. I am a relative router novice, the bit in the bottom left of th eprofile shots I think is the drawer lock joint cutter? Anyway, I can see how it cuts one piece, but not how it cuts the matching piece.

Any ideas?

Perhaps it cuts both pieces?

I can only guess it would, but how?? Thought maybe one piece up on edge, the other face down, but that wouldnt do it.

mickthetree":k2gz309m said:
I can only guess it would, but how?? Thought maybe one piece up on edge, the other face down, but that wouldnt do it.

Perhaps we have got to purchase another bit? :mrgreen:

I.ve got a router book so when the bits come I shall investigate,

With the drawer side vertical, and the drawer front flat to the table with out reseting router (thinks)

Bought that set during their last offer. Excellent value but, getting the cutters at the right heights is proving a tad trying. Having to make modifications so I have fine height adjustment on my Router, without which it seems nigh on impossible to set the cutters for an exact fit.

Steve

I am also considering this set.

Are you saying the problem is the cutters or is it that your router does not have a fine height adjustment please?

Casper Geng":2egxdrtd said:
please tell me the special demands
I demand you go forth and do one you irritating pineapple.

Why do these idiots waste peoples time? Do they seriously think anyone with a minimum of one Brain cell is going to do trade with such annoying jerks?

Studders, thats right . you tell em.

Attachments

• CHINESE FORUM.jpg
    CHINESE FORUM.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 668
Charlie Woody":231305rk said:
Steve

I am also considering this set.

Are you saying the problem is the cutters or is it that your router does not have a fine height adjustment please?

The latter CW. It does now though, after a bit of head scratching/hair pulling/tears/tantrums and a modified Router that is no longer any use except for in the Table. :)
They make it sound so easy to set the heights but, for a perfect fit, I've found that fine height adjustment is essential; maybe it's just me. :oops:

yes a fine height adjuster is really essential in these types of cutters to get a perfect fit. As for the drawer lock cutter it is used with one piece on the table top and the other piece against the fence. i know this as i have one and use it occasionally. With any of these type of cutters though just like rail and stile cutters you must first run a test piece through to avoid mistakes. HTH. :wink:

I have these. They come with shims encase there not an exact fit so maybe you need to look at that route.

The draw cutter is the same bit for both cuts, you only push the jointing end as far into the cutter to the "inner" cutter if that makes sense.

Hudson Carpentry":39e8idh1 said:
I have these. They come with shims encase there not an exact fit so maybe you need to look at that route.
I did that bit as the tongue was too loose in the groove but maybe I did it wrong somehow? Ended up scrapping the first door as it would have bugged me forever being slightly out. Not had a chance to do another one since I modified the Router for fine adjustment..

Back