Cabinet & Bookcase

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a couple of items I've just finished for my Wife's sewing room. Sorry I didn't do WIP pic's

The cabinet is made of cherry with all the lower drawers push to open/push to close drawer runners. Note that the bottom drawers are higher, this is to take the machines. The top set of nine drawers are on full extension runners.

The doors are also on push to open mechanisms a bit like my tool cabinet, therefore no handles on the outside.

Bookcase is made of AWO, this was an after thought when she realised that not everything will go in the cabinet.

I also laid the oak floor and made the skirting.

woodkateer did well, just about balanced the books to finish out the year I would say.

May be just the way the pictures taken, but do the drawers snag on the doors unless fully open?

doctor Bob":118bh5xn said:
May be just the way the pictures taken, but do the drawers snag on the doors unless fully open?

Doors need to be about 2/3 open for the drawers not to snag, as there's plenty of space around the cabinet its not an issue, in a more compact area I would have hung them differently.

Latest posts

Back