Buying router bits

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Arn't keyhole, T cutting router bits expensive! 40 odd quid!

i had a quick look through the forum and online buying guides, but couldnt really see if anyone was saying any one online store was best for buying bits.

Does anyone have a fav place to buy router bits?

Need T cutter to make the outfeed table! First major project now that I have the TS :)

I have a growing collection of the Perform cutters from Axminster, which I am pleased with.
They have a range of keyhole cutters but I have not tried them.

Where did you find them at £40? Does it come with a large box of the correct screws to fit the hole?

Is the slot for the mitre guage?

If so, and if they are the right size for your saw, wouldn't something like this do the job, and then you can use a standard straight bit.

You could probably find them in different sizes aswell...

Hope this helps

Ta, Tom

For one offs, odd bits of moulding profiles etc for jobs I tend to use the Perform ones. For more common usage I either use Wealden or wait for friends and family to go over the pond and load up there.

Cheers

Tim

I agree with Tim, its hard to beat Wealden. Worth running a straight bit through first to take out most of the waste then finish up with the Tee slot cutter.

Jason

Might have lost the plot here :roll: .Why do you need a tee slot in the outfield table, a clearance slot will do as the mitre fence has already passed the blade.

Les

Back