Buying habbits !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy more tools and machinery if the supplier offered interest free installments

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
so, 20 years ago I could walk into your shop and choose between paying £2k cash or £3k on interest free credit for the same product?

I appreciate what you are saying that nothing is truly free- somebody is paying for it whether they are aware or not. I just dont quite understand what you are saying on this post.

The point is you had no choice, that particular item had an interest free price ticket and no discount was allowed for paying cash so, a cash customer also had to pay the inflated price.

I should imagine the same applies today if you walk into one of the chains. If you ask about cash discount instead of interest free, they will say no sir, that's the price. Some of the large chains have their own in-house finance so always want customers taking the credit terms.

The other chain store con is of course sales discounts. If one shop/store doubles the price of an item for 28 days and then reduces it back to original, then every store can advertise it as 50% OFF. Even G **** (under its ownership then) used to issue boosted price lists during sales periods so we could show customers the "suggested" retail price after the sale!

The point is you had no choice, that particular item had an interest free price ticket and no discount was allowed for paying cash so, a cash customer also had to pay the inflated price.

I should imagine the same applies today if you walk into one of the chains. If you ask about cash discount instead of interest free, they will say no sir, that's the price. Some of the large chains have their own in-house finance so always want customers taking the credit terms.

The other chain store con is of course sales discounts. If one shop/store doubles the price of an item for 28 days and then reduces it back to original, then every store can advertise it as 50% OFF. Even G **** (under its ownership then) used to issue boosted price lists during sales periods so we could show customers the "suggested" retail price after the sale!

yep. agree. I doubt much has changed in the last 20 years

Back