Buying Advice - Warco CS10 TS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coyote

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I'd appreciate the views/experience of the learned members of this forum. I've been keeping an eye out for a table saw for some time and a potential candidate has just appeared on that well known auction site. Its a 1985 Warco which is marked up as both a CS10 and CBM-2.

On the face of it, it looks good, cast iron top, induction motor, removable side extension but there are two issues that make me a bit wary.

1) I can't find a scrap of information on this saw online.
2) there is no fence. There's a rail front and back for the fence to run on but it's not included.

So a couple of questions: Has anyone got experience of using one of these? I know Warco are a reputable brand but they don't seem to sell table saws anymore.

How difficult would it be to fit an appropriate fence? I imagine finding a replacement original would be nigh on impossible.

Any help appreciated!

Personally I'd pass on it.
The saw won't be anything special and you will be taking on the problem of finding and fitting an aftermarket fence which may or may not be better than the original but will increase the cost significantly.
UK doesn't have the same choice of aftermarket fences like the USA where the Biesemeyer style fence is a popular upgrade.
A good rip fence: straight, accurate and robust, is one of the most important features of a table saw and a mark of a quality saw over one that will never do accurate work.
If you still want to pursue it, Charnwood make something. Only aluminium but only £70 or so.

Thanks. Appreciate the advice. The Charnwood fence was the only one I'd found that seemed reasonable and wasn't in the Incra horrendously expensive bracket

Back