Buying a dust collector

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heimlaga

Established Member
Reaction score
I have found a dust collector unit for sale some 150 kilometres from where I live.

Originally it has been a two bag unit but somebody has removed one bag. Does it matter that the fan is oversized for running just one bag?

http://image.nettix.fi/extra/machineimg ... 635d60.jpg

Is it big enogh to take care of my 60 cm wide planer/thicknesser combination? I am terribly short of space in my shop and money is also an issue.

When you say someone has removed the second bag are you talking about the bag on top or is there another outlet next to the bag pictured? The picture isn't at a good angle to show the extractor in all it glory.

The filter bag on top is still there. It is inside an insulated wooden box that the owner built in order to recover the heated air and send it back into the shop through a hole in the wall.

When looking at the picture it seems like the square duct that goes from the fan to the filter bag has another outlet to the right where apparently was another filter bag/dust bag unit.

Back