Butterfly table.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ollie78

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is my latest project. An extending dining room table with a butterfly extension in the centre and reciprocating slides.
It is Quarter sawn English oak, with reclaimed Mahogany inlays. I designed it in sketchup

tablesideviewrender.jpg

and built it once the client approved the design.

IMG_2510.jpg

tableopening.jpg

tablecorner.jpg

tableclosing.jpg

To work out the hinge position for the centre leaves I made a mock up using one of the SOSS hinges and some scrap.

DSC_1253.jpg

DSC_1252.jpg

The legs are held on with threaded inserts (2 per leg ,one each direction) so it can be easily moved.
Here are some more random photos of, breadboard end from underneath, legs, frame etc.

DSC_1283.jpg

DSC_1386.jpg

IMG_2448.jpg

IMG_2467.jpg

IMG_2437.jpg

Cant seem to actually put pictures in the post.
Hope this works.

Mod edit: Image links edited CHJ

Ollie78":1k6zqnki said:
Here is my latest project. An extending dining room table with a butterfly extension in the centre and reciprocating slides.
It is Quarter sawn English oak, with reclaimed Mahogany inlays. I designed it in sketchup

tablesideviewrender.jpg

ver_fc3s

ver_fc3s

ver_fc3s

ver_fc3s

To work out the hinge position for the centre leaves I made a mock up using one of the SOSS hinges and some scrap.

ver_fc3s

ver_fc3s

The legs are held on with threaded inserts (2 per leg ,one each direction) so it can be easily moved.
Here are some more random photos of, breadboard end from underneath, legs, frame etc.

ver_fc3s

ver_fc3s

ver_fc3s

ver_fc3s

ver_fc3s

Hope this works.

fixed! You think!! CHJ :lol:
adidat

Ollie78":28omnfi7 said:

tablesideviewrender.jpg

IMG_2510.jpg

tableopening.jpg

tablecorner.jpg

tableclosing.jpg

DSC_1253.jpg

DSC_1252.jpg

DSC_1283.jpg

DSC_1386.jpg

IMG_2448.jpg

IMG_2467.jpg

IMG_2437.jpg

Hope this works.

Mod edit: Image links edited CHJ

Actually fixed.

Lovely table, love the legs.

Great looking table, I like the pronounced grain patterns in the top and the matching you've maintained, did you manage to maintain a reasonable match across the leaf?

I will try to find a photo of grain match with it in extended position.
It matches quite well as I used the ends if the same boards in the same order to make the leaves.

Thanks for kind words.

Latest posts

Back