Business Insurance

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi,

I know a few on here are small business people in the WW line.
If you have insurance cover for fire, theft, liability etc and you have a good deal on insurance, could you possibly let me know which company you go with.

My policy's up for renewal end of this month and for the second year running its gone up £200. and is now hovering around the £1000 pa mark!

Thanks in advance

Emmm, probally a bit early days, but no replies to this one?!

To be serious, the subject of Insurance is a big problem I think.
The premiums are SO high for small businesses. Yet, Public Liability has to be a necessity these days. I complained last year about the premium going up by so much and the broker told me, if I thought it was that high ,why didnt I insure it myself!!

I think if you work from home etc on quite a small and individual scale its possibly worth taking the risk and not bothering insuring, I know I did for years! I've only got a basic workshop but it joins on to two other businesses so if they go up in smoke so will mine!

I can't afford the insurance but I can't afford not to have it!!!!!

Nightmare!

RE YOUR QUESTION ABOUT BUSINESS INSURANCE.

Have a look at the CRAFTSMAN MAGAZINE. I subscribe to this magazine, and they have a variety of companies advertising insurance for SMALL BUSINESSES AND CRAFTS PEOPLE.

The prices quoted seem to range from under 100 pound upwards, depending on the level of cover, so you should be able to find something suitable.

You can get the magazine from any good newsagents.
I used to buy mine from smiths or menzies

They also have a website you could have a look at
WWW.CRAFTSMANONLINE.CO.UK

THIS MAY HELP

CHEERS

JOHN

matstro

i use ian wallace insurance for most of my insurance. They provide policies for craftsmen, including public / product liability, equipment, stock in transit......... the only thing thay wont insure for is site work. you can find their details in the craftsman magazine. they gave me the best quote so far. :)

hope this helps
dopughnut

Doughnut& Jabby

Brilliant. Thanks, I'll check these out.

Thanks for getting back

Doughnut,

Thanks for the Ian Wallace Insurance lead.

I emailed them with my requirements and got a reply:

"regrettably our scheme is not intended for antique restorers. It relates to people who manufacture craft items at home ie teddy bears, soaps, needlework etc"

Doughnut, you do make furniture don't you?!

Dealing with Insurance brokers/companies is like wading through treacle. Its not as if we don't pay them much!!

Ill bet that reply was written by a woman. aaarrrggghhh

Regards

Yes i do make furniture, but i also demonstrate woodturning at shows etc.
The policy they gave me is a policy for makers, which is why they possibly cut you out. Its a bit daft really, if I make a door and fit it, that policy covers me, if i buy a dfoor and fit it, it doesnt.

Sorry about that

Doughnut

This is my 100th post by the way WAHOO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back