Business Grant Support

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ring your council and ask them, alternatively go on to the council web site, if it is a legit form there should also be a link to it off that.

I have clients that have had grant support from local authorities but it was sent by cheque.

I know a few people in my area who got letters and presumed it was a scam but as said if you go on local council website you can do it all online and claim grants.

Doug71":18wqyu2p said:
I know a few people in my area who got letters and presumed it was a scam but as said if you go on local council website you can do it all online and claim grants.
Sorry I obvious didn't make myself clear. The link I posted is my local council website and I started to complete my claim but when I saw a EURO sign instead of £ sign in the registration I became concerned as the information it asks for are name, full bank details, DOB etc. It just didn't feel right?

All of the central government and local government websites have covid-19 headers on the main pages. Go to the main council page and follow the links.

A lot of councils have setup their support sites quite quickly often responding to confirmation of the policy itself in line with their financial mechanisms. Not surprised they have euro signs instead of pounds. That said you are right to flag it up, give them call and point it out to them before proceeding.
If you call the council direct, be patient, they are all fielding a huge amount of calls and most are working overtime.

My local council contacted me by phone initially and after speaking to them, she sent me an Email to confirm which in turn asked me for details of my business. I'm just waiting to hear back from them now....

People I know who have made claims got a letter with a form to fill in and return which also included details of how to do it online if you preferred.

The form was only really asking for details which they would already know apart from your bank details which they need to transfer the money.

That's how it worked here in the East Riding of Yorkshire, might be different elsewhere.

Doug71":1w4nv0bt said:
People I know who have made claims got a letter with a form to fill in and return which also included details of how to do it online if you preferred.

The form was only really asking for details which they would already know apart from your bank details which they need to transfer the money.

That's how it worked here in the East Riding of Yorkshire, might be different elsewhere.

I have a mate of mine that has his own business with premises near me, but he has a different council.
His council had a different system in place to my council and he made contact with them and gave the information by means of a form that they sent him.

My understanding is, that all councils have their own differing methods of implementing this Grant...

Distinterior":2uzlwlaf said:

My understanding is, that all councils have their own differing methods of implementing this Grant...

This appears to be true judging by the conversations I’ve had with friends who also run Woodworking businesses around the country.

Yes, I applied for this grant, it was £10,000 to help with office rent. It was paid around 3 days after application. I am in Rhondda Cynon Taff, South Wales

Distinterior":16ghtr2o said:
I have a mate of mine that has his own business with premises near me, but he has a different council.
His council had a different system in place to my council and he made contact with them and gave the information by means of a form that they sent him.

Here in the East Riding of Yorkshire the grants have already been paid but half a mile down the road in North Yorkshire they haven't even sent out the letters to start the process yet.

My son received his £10,000 from Lichfield Council who were accepting requests on 31st March despite the scheme starting on 1st April.

Back