Quantcast

Busier forum

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

topchippyles

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys is it me or does the forum seem a lot more busier that it normally is ? Much better with this new layout to.

Trevanion

Greatest Of All Time
Reaction score
I was actually thinking that myself Les, I wasn't sure whether it was not being used the new forum layout making it look busier than it actually is or not.

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
Its mostly people getting the hump. About almost everything. :rolleyes: :cool:
Woodworking threads are average numbers.

Steliz

Hamster
Reaction score
Controversy warning! Perhaps there would be more woodworking threads if there was more restriction on which subjects were allowed to be discussed in the General Chat section. For example, no politics, no religion, no sport. Where did I put my flak jacket?

marcros

(Trevanion)+1
Reaction score
Controversy warning! Perhaps there would be more woodworking threads if there was more restriction on which subjects were allowed to be discussed in the General Chat section. For example, no politics, no religion, no sport. Where did I put my flak jacket?
sport isnt covered by the existing restrictions, but politics and religion is. Obviously if a mod has an interest in some of the political discussion, it is allowed...

Ttrees

Iroko loco!
Reaction score
I reckon it has much to do with seeing who's online, recognising fimiliar names that makes that whole community vibe on a forum quite a bit better.
Especially if you have a question in mind or problem, and spot someone that might hopefully chime in at that time if your in a pickle.

MikeG.

No longer posting.
Reaction score
I'm not sure I've seen any sport discussed here, and the same with religion (although someone has a religious quote as a signature). So they're a bit of a red herring. Politics, on the other hand........

Steliz

Hamster
Reaction score
Neither have I, I was just covering all the usual bases. My personal opinion is that topics of discussion on a woodworking forum should be limited to woodworking (even tenuously).

topchippyles

Established Member
Reaction score
Its 100% more active and as you say mikeG it could be more people just testing the waters out.I for one am a woodworker of 30+ years and have never fully found the old layout user friendly and discussions seem to have got side tracked on many of the posts.I suggested a couple of new sections in the past and it just got blanked my the admin/mod guys.

topchippyles

Established Member
Reaction score
There was a posting on here this week which is on a project i am doing at present.It was about converting a startrite bandsaw from 440v to 240v and would have had to trawl the old forum looking for the thread after a couple of weeks away.Only positive feedback for me with this upgrade.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
There was a posting on here this week which is on a project i am doing at present.It was about converting a startrite bandsaw from 440v to 240v and would have had to trawl the old forum looking for the thread after a couple of weeks away.Only positive feedback for me with this upgrade.
Do I need to help you find that thread? Can you click on your name in the upper right hand corner to open the User Control panel, then click on my content. That will show you your posts/threads.

topchippyles

Established Member
Reaction score
Do I need to help you find that thread? Can you click on your name in the upper right hand corner to open the User Control panel, then click on my content. That will show you your posts/threads.
I know but it was by someone else and found it now.