Burst water main !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krysstel

Established Member
Reaction score
Back in July we came home from 2 weeks holiday to this :shock:

By the extent of the damage it had been going on for some time, maybe since the day we left.
Purely by luck the fountain of water completely missed my TS but the rest of the TS/router table and the pillar drill bench, with all the tools in the drawers and cupboards, were completly wrecked.

P1010002.jpg

P1010003.jpg

It took 3 weeks to dry everything out and since then I've been working on completly rebuilding the room. I've not got as far as building a new TS/router table hence why the TS is currently on it's stand and why I've pulled the Elu router out of the cupboard as an emergency router table :wink:
This is how the workshop looks after the rebuild

Mark

20120101_222044.jpg

20120101_222254.jpg

20120101_222216.jpg

Sorry to hear, mate!

But it seems you have control and will be able to get it up to speed again!

Had something similar happening, but with sewer leaking into the basement from the drains. Some hectic rescue- operations, and no tools harmed, though, so a bit more lucky. Still had to dry out everything and redecorate quite a lot, though. NO fun.

It could be worse. I had a cap in the SOIL pipe fail, so you can imagine the stuff that flew across my workshop/garage. Luckily I only had one shower before realising. Also lucky that the 2 sheets of veneered MDF and plywood weren't sitting right next to it, as they would have been if they'd arrived when they should have! It's all fixed now though.

Hi,

I know an even worse one, a frend was away on holiday at christmas got a call saying they had water coming out of the up stairs windows! pipe in the loft burst everything ruined, all the ceilings down etc, and they didn't get to move back in for 9 months.

Pete

Back