Burr oak bowl

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnu

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a burr oak bowl taken with a 35mm film camera and scanned through. It is about 14inches in diameter, was made on a Graduate bowl lathe and the burr came come from a local sawmill where they used to cut the burrs off and you could get them quite cheaply at one time. It is quite reflective of the Celtic style in being a bit rugged, heavy, sculptural, true to the wood and almost stone like. We have a load of burr outside and other intersting woods which I am hoping to rough out in the next few weeks so watch this space. Sincere regards and thanks for looking.
Burroakbowlontreestump23910-1.jpg

Love it! these sort of pieces are what got me interested in turning all those years ago! look forward to seeing the others as they are produced!
Regards Chris.

Bet you had to sharpen the tools a few times turning that, every oak burr I have turned was like iron LOL. Looks good what I can see.

Pete

Stunning bowl !!!!
I have never tried a natural edge bowl, this makes me want to have a crack at one. It looks heavvvy and the timber has loads of character.
Also nice to hear from another graduate turner, there are a few of us nosing about the place :D
Looking forward to your next
Rich

I like it. My mini turning is baby stuff next to this but it's something else I could try - if I could get a burr small enough :wink:

Bri

Latest posts

Back