Bunnies have never had it so good!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mike, no need to tread carefully around me. :)

In respect the brackets, I also call them Knee bracing, the whole building was taken from what an architect had drawn up, and the photo kind of gives a false illusion about the size. In hindsight, if a design like this crops up again, I would make them longer as the cladding automatically reduces the impact of them.
The design did cause me problems in many respects and the roof was drawn at an indicated 42.5 degree pitch. I stupidly made a very basic school boy error of not checking this prior to cutting the whole roof. I set te first pair of rafter and thought WTF!! :oops: The frame was 600mm too tall. I had to re cut the roof and reduce it to 35.5 degree to get it below the planning requirement for the site. It then transpired that te architect had done something that I consider very unethical, in that he had simply cut and pasted the design from someone Else's website! :roll: To say that I was unimpressed was an understatement!!

Strange that you mention the overhang, as I always prefer to finish outbuildings with an overhang rather than being flush. I guess that it comes down to personal taste and localised finishes. :)

Many thanks for your input, it's always good to get outside opinions and take on board what's said and learn from it :)

I'm glad its not your design! It's always a pity to hear of an architect not doing a building justice.

I think the verge overhang may be a regional thing.

In some ways this building is a bit of a missed opportunity. It is such a pity to have a knee that just "hits" a clad wall.......its support really should be expressed by seeing the post. And the corner posts which you do just about see are also "buried". To my mind, the structure should be bold, and the cladding subservient.

Anyway, none of that is a criticism of your work, which from what you can see here is as it always is.....beyond reproach.

Cheers

Mike

I think its really male and female changing rooms for the out of shot swimming pool....

It really is going to be for bunnies! :lol:

I have to go back in about four weeks time to build a garage, and will ask if I can take a photo to show the rabbits snuggled up in their new, but rather large home :)

Mike, the planning wasn't an issue, and both submissions were passed without comment. I was a bit surprised to be honest, but obviously not complaining! It's not too often that I get two projects at the same site. :D

If I had the money, I'd keep my rabbits in something like that. I'm really looking forwards to seeing it finished, please do take some pictures

Aidan

Back