Building Timber Frame Panels

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunny1234

Reaction score
I'm about to start building a timber frame toilet/shower building. I've got all the treated timber and OSB, and will be building the 10 timber frame panels needed in a barn, in fairly controlled conditions. I've ordered my breather membrane 'housewrap'.

My concern is where to overlap the wrap? I know i dont wrap any under the sole plate, but do i need to wrap some over the roof plate?

Thanks in advance

the membrane is there to protect the osb or any other non waterproof/breathable cover prior to covering with a weatherproof finish whatever that might be. typically i have only put them on when i have put up the panels and as such have overlapped at dpc and gone as high as needed overlapping at horizontal and vertical when required. there isn`t as far as i am aware any building reg requirement to cover over the head plate
hth
all the best
rob

It's for condensation so it wants to be on the warm inner face as far as possible. So if you are plaster boarding for instance, the dpm would be just behind it. Or on the inside side of any insulation etc.

Latest posts

Back