Budget type sander?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beanwood

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been asked to decorate a friends hardwood exterior windows. They are currently coated in Sadolin, but are showing their age. They're simple design, no ornate twiddly bits....There are a couple of cills and glazing bars to replace, so I get to practice my woodwork as well, whch is a bonus. The frames will need quite a bit of rubbing back before staining again, and as there are 6 or so of them (All double or triples) I thought now is a good time to explore my armoury of tools to help me..

I already have a rather aging and fragile 240v Bosch multi-tool, so my question to you knowledgable crew is: for this job (And my threshold steps) do I replace it with a cordless multi tool, or is a detail sander a better bet?

My budget is small (Sub £100 - like many others, I'm between jobs at the moment) but it may be a good time to invest a small amount of cash if it's going to make my life a lot easier.... and cordless appeals as one of them is going to be up a ladder. I already have 18V XR Dewalt Impact gun, so could buy a bare unit for just about my budget.

Views and advice would be very welcome please.

Latest posts

Back