Budget bandsaw.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatbrian45

Reaction score
Hi uk woodworkers,
Can anyone recommend a decent hobby bandsaw. I have a budget of £50-100-00!
Thank you in advance for any replies received.

Can't help with what to buy at that sort of price but one think to take into account is the blade price. From what I have read even good quality machines don't come with the best quality blades so no matter what you spend on the actual bandsaw you are probably going to want to look at a new blade for it.
Have a look at Peter Millard's youtube channel as I am sure he has done something on cheap bandsaws.

I bought my 14” Startrite bandsaw for £60. Yes, it’s scruffy, but its a very solid machine in very good mechanical condition. Yes, it needed a clean and a new blade. Whilst that size of machine may not be what you need, it demonstrates that very good machines can be had within your budget.

What is it you want to be able to use it for? A bit more detail may help. I bought my bandsaw because I needed something to resaw wood that I bought from the sawmill, I buy slices from them & the slices come in all sorts of thicknesses, this use to limit me in what I was able buy or ended up with a lot of waste in the form of sawdust. I knew I would also want to use it for other things but that was the main purpose.
There are always second user machines available but I am guessing you would need to have a good idea what you were buying & what to look for in a second hand machine or you could be buying a lemon lol

Hi Martin, thanks for replying. I want one to do the jobs that a scroll saw won't and to cut thicker pieces of wood about the thickness if scaffold boards!

I had an Elu 3401 that I think was £50 on gumtree. A competent machine for the size.

Hi Martin, thanks for replying. I want one to do the jobs that a scroll saw won't and to cut thicker pieces of wood about the thickness if scaffold boards!
Hi I’ve had a coronet imp about six years cost me £35 from day one it’s been a good saw but when I eventually bought tuffsaw blade’s it suddenly turned into a excellent working piece of equipment the only downside is being a three wheel saw the footprint is quite large

Back