BS250 Bandsaw Blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nigel Taylor

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Must admit that I tend to run my Record Power BS250 bandsaw blades until they give up. I've been using Axminster blades, but just saw Bedford Saw blades. Made in the UK and at a good price.

So, I bought 3 to try:

bedford-saw-03.jpg

Nicely packaged and presented. They are quite a bit thicker gauge than the blades I had been using, this does appear to help, but time will tell once I've used them on various materials.

I just tried them on some hawthorn - a lump that I cut down in the garden and has been laying on the floor of my workshop.

bedford-saw-01.jpg

In the image you can see the weld line in the blade, very cleanly ground.

This blade cut the hawthorn really easily and very straight. I'll update all when I've had more time with them.

I bought two blades from "Kendal Tools", a 6 TPI and a 14 TPI back in 2019. What with Covid and one thing and another I have only just gotten around to using the 6 TPI. After around 2 hours of intermittent use the blade snapped at the weld (it was correctly tensioned 😉) Fortunately I was almost done with the stock I was cutting.

I swapped to the 14 TPI to do some other stock and it made a banging sound every revolution plus the bandsaw jerked.

Turns out there was a very proud tooth at the weld.

I mailed "Kendal Tools" to inform them of my displeasure but not really expecting a positive result given the 2 year gap between purchase and use so imagine my surprise when 2 replacement blades turned up!

My thanks go to "John Page" of "Kendal Tools".

Back