Brush Spinner ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dog

Established Member
Reaction score
I came across a drawing recently of a hand/power tool operated brush spinner. Basically a clamp, which fits round the brush handle, and that's fixed to a wooden shaft with, for the hand operated version, a sprial mechanism attached to a handle which you pull and push up and down while holding the device that holds the brush in a bucket of whatever you need to clean the brush and 'spins' it clean. A power tool version fits into the drill chuck and the drill does the spinning. Anyone ever see these things on sale here in the UK ?

Cheers.

I seem to recall my dad sing something similar - or was it just that he twirled his brushes by rubbing them briskly between his hands :wink:

Only joking!

:lol: At the end of the day probably a lot less bother :D But if I can't locate one I'll have a go at making one so if you see reports of an 'unidentified Flying Brush' you'll know it's me and my idea :wink:

Be careful as a brush spinning out of control can do a fair ammount of damage at crutch height :shock:

I've got one of these gizmos - got it in a kit from QVC, with bits for spinning brushes and for spinning paint rollers too. Works a treat. The recommended RPM for a power drill is around 2500-3000 RPM, so a typical cordless drill won't get as good results as a corded.

The cleaning process is 2 fold - first, spin the paint loaded brush/roller (in a deep bucket or cardboard box, else you splatter everything in sight - DAMHIKT) until paint stops flying off. Then dunk the brush/roller in another bucket of water, and massage out any deep remaining paint, then spin again in the box/bucket. The result - a pretty much perfectly clean brush or roller that's dry enough to use straight away with a different colour paint.

As I say, I got my kit after seeing it on Harry Green's DIY show thing on QVC http://www.qkcuk.com, but I just looked and they seem to not have it at the moment

Thanks, I thought I had dreamt the whole thing, I'll keep my eyes open for a kit, a lot safer than what I tried to make using a 6mm metal rod, pipe clamped to the handle of a two inch brush....wonder if the wife will notice the hole in the garage ceilling :roll: :D

That brush & roller cleaner is definitely availible in UK as it's a British invention.
It regularly gets shown on QVC DIY programmes but not shown on the website unless in stock. They reckon you can clean a brush or roller ready for a different colour with two 7 second spins. 1st to remove the paint followed by a dip in thinners then another 7 second spin. I've seen it used to clean red paint then the brush is used for white. Those 2 colours are the best test. Pink & its not clean, White & you know all the red has gone. http://www.qvcuk.com/

Back