Brummie Bash-09.Sept 5th.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul.J

Established Member
Reaction score
Well if anyone fancies it again we will be holding the Brummie Bash again this year :D
The date will be September 5th.
This will be a mainly Woodturning do but all will be welcome.
Numbers will have to be limited again,though i think we done well last year with the members that turned up :shock:
So if anyone as any ideas again let us know and we will see what can be done.
Just come along and get those problems sorted,or give some good advice :D
So start praying for this bbq weather they keep promising us :roll:

Here is the list of members who are hopefuly coming,so far-

CHJ & Di.
DougB.
Shultzy.
Cornucopia.
Dusty Dave.
Wizer.
Miles-Hot.
Ratwood & Sue.
Jenx.
Braveheart.
Richburrow.
Gasmansteve.
+Guest.My mate.Frank.

Hi Paul.
That sounds like a great idea, is anyone welcome? If so can i put my name down?
It would be nice to meet up with like minded folk.

DougB wrote
That sounds like a great idea, is anyone welcome? If so can i put my name down?
Your name is down Doug :D
That's it were off and running :D

Bodrighy wrote
All going well I am up for another tip upcountry Paul. See how things are going first
Will look forward to seeing you again Pete.You might be able to finish that Yew piece off :lol:

yes please Paul- I would like to have a go on your new lathe, maybe we could do some wet wood bowls/goblets- or some screw thread work :?:

Hi Paul,
Last year was great and i'd like very much to attend this year's event. Please add me to the list.
regards, Bill

Hi Paul,

couldn't do last year due to illness, would like to meet up with a few others to get some help with my turning so please add me to the list provisionally, will give you a definite nearer the time.

regards

Steve. :D

Just out of interest which area of Birmingham are you in ? doesn't have to be exact a N,S,E,W will do.

George,Bill,Steve.You're in :D

Cornucopia wrote
I would like to have a go on your new lathe, maybe we could do some wet wood bowls/goblets- or some screw thread work
Sounds good to me George :D

Steve Jones wrote
Just out of interest which area of Birmingham are you in ? doesn't have to be exact a N,S,E,W will do.
Steve we are in the south.Not too far from you.

Sorry folks i have just been reminded that the date chosen is Westonbirt weekend,which i hope to be going to,so i will have to change the date from what was stated :roll: Good job one of us is thinking. :?
So stay tuned for a new date.

Hi Paul,

I'd love to come again. Not sure what I can contribute but I'll get my thinking cap on. Oh, I've got a scroll saw now so if anybody wants a play with that I could bring it along.

Cheers,

Dave

If you can let the forum know what and when the Brummie bash is it might help. Hope it goes well. It bit far for me to go.

Hi Paul,
will you count me in please, Live in Longbridge so not too far to go. any ideas on new dates?

cheers
Neil

Yep could do Paul. Are you near a train station? Tentatively, awaiting a date.

Dave,Neil,Tom.You are also in if the new date is ok with you all :roll:

Soulfly wrote
If you can let the forum know what and when the Brummie bash is it might help. Hope it goes well. It bit far for me to go.

Here is what a Brummie bash is about Mr or Mrs S :?
Last years.
Perhaps you could have one up your way :D

Thoroughly enjoyed meeting everybody last year,so put my name down as well.
And a very sincere thanks to you,Paul,for offering your hospitality again :D

Andrew

Just let me know the date,and I'll try to make sure I'm not on call that weekend (might have a weeks holiday,just to make sure,same as I did last year.. :wink: )

Andrew

Sounds very interesting however I fear that I wouldn't have a lot to bring to the party except for a keenness to learn - mind you between now and (maybe) September there's a fair time to don skis and attack "the slope"...

Miles

Miles-hot wrote
Sounds very interesting however I fear that I wouldn't have a lot to bring to the party except for a keenness to learn - mind you between now and (maybe) September there's a fair time to don skis and attack "the slope"...
Miles this is the idea behind such bashes.Just turn up and ask,try or just watch if you like.

Show me a turner who hasn't got something to learn and I'll show you a liar Miles. You'd be surprised what you can teach us all.

Pete

Latest posts

Back