Broadcasting charge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I think it probably will be, it will probably be added on to council tax as the easiest way to collect it.

john

"Mr Rabbitte said only those trying to dodge the licence fee would be affected."

Yeah, those who don't watch TV, or even have one, won't be affected at all. :roll: Twit.

We've not had a TV for about 12 years now. I like being TV free but I've found that in the last few years it's become harder and harder to avoid. It's all too tempting to just fire up iPlayer and friends and watch an hour or two of an evening.

What I find most disappointing is that there's no discussion on whether we should actually be funding a national television service. I think when it started there was an argument for it but there's no shortage of program makers and broadcasters now.

wobblycogs":1akprgl9 said:

What I find most disappointing is that there's no discussion on whether we should actually be funding a national television service. I think when it started there was an argument for it but there's no shortage of program makers and broadcasters now.
I think it was time it was scrapped and the Beeb, a prolific money waster, as are many of the others, should act as a Business (which they already do to a large extent).
I've not watched TV for years but I do use Iplayer etc. If the TV companies(BBC) see that as a way of avoiding paying the Licence fee, or any replacement means of funding, then don't make the programs available online.

wobblycogs":2pxelted said:
.......but there's no shortage of c*ap program makers and broadcasters now.

My bold! We rarely watch anything in realtime but what we do record is usually from either BBC 1, 2, 4 or Channel4 as that's where we find the programmes worth watching are located. All the rest is junk IMO or repeats of repeats of repeats. So for me, I'm quite happy paying the licence fee especailly when the BBC broadcasts top drama like the Killing (not to be confused with the rubbish American version). Spiral, Sherlock and, of course, not forgetting Strictly Totty :roll:

RogerS":2d39mlt9 said:
wobblycogs":2d39mlt9 said:
, of course, not forgetting Strictly Totty :roll:

Oh Roger!!

"You Dirty Old Man"

images

Well I only occasionally sit down to watch the box and cruising through the umpteen channels we have available I always find something worth watching. It doesn't matter to me if it's a repeat of a repeat - as long as I've not seen it before. I don't like fiction, politics or game/quiz shows so if I was stuck just with 1,2,3,4 and 5 I'd be lucky to find anything.

Back