• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

British Hardwoods Timber Sale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

RogerP

Established Member
Reaction score
May be of interest to those nearer than I am ....

"British Hardwoods Annual Timber Sale, on this Saturday, 3rd December from 9:30am to 12:30pm. The sale will be packed with rough sawn and planed hardwood timber lots, woodworking demonstrations and a charity auction, with proceeds from the auction donated to the Sue Ryder foundation. The sale will be held in our factory:

Unit 9 Riparian Way, The Crossings Business Park, Cross Hills, Keighley, BD20 "

EddieJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Bloody hell they now how to just don't they! Their beam prices are £15.00 a cube more than I pay!

Streepips

Established Member
Reaction score
Always found them unrealistically expensive as a trade customer. They probably do most business with customers such as architects etc. where price is a secondary consideration.

RogerP

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought PAR European oak from them and it was at the very top end of prices I was quoted but the delivery charges quite a bit less than others. The quality was superb (no faults or waste at all) and their packaging to prevent transit damage has to be seen to be believed! I don't imagine they would suit trade buyers but for a hobbyist like myself without a decent local source of timber they are very useful.

flh801978

Established Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else off this board go?
I went and luckily got there for 9 am
there was a few guys outside waiting in cars and by 9.10 we were allowed in to a reception area
On the dot of 9.30 about 150 guys burst into the sale floor ..It was just like a gaggle of grannys jostling to get in a jumble sale ...and within 15 minutes all 300 or so lots were sold
I managed to get 9 lots of various woods....very pleased with my haul and I'll certainly go back for more full price timber