Bristol Lever

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Bear

Established Member
Reaction score
I need 1 female M6 bristol lever, with ratchet action.

Anyone know where I can buy one, without then paying 5 times the cost of the lever in postage? Or having to pay for a multi pack.

Axi have them for £1.43, but then the dreaded £5 postage charge.

I've tried ebay but cant find any. Any suggestions?

Mark

Hi

Already been to Workshop Essentials. Unfortunately its £6.50 + £3.99 postage. Packs of 2.

Mark

You will always br stuck with postage.

RS have a branch outlet in Gatwick
Unit 2B Old Brighton Road,
Lowfield Heath,
Gatwick, Crawley,
RH11 0PW

Tel: 01293 521374
Fax: 01293 611400
Email: [email protected]

John Rooney
Gatwick Branch Manager
The Gatwick team are here to support your business needs. Call us or pop in for a friendly chat and coffee

Branch Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 8.00am - 4.30pm

Your profile just says Surrey so I have no idea how close or not you are.

Al

I'm in north Surrey so heathrow is actually closer, which is handy cause I work out of Staines

Cheers

Mark

Yes I know thats why I wrote it. I had a look when Marcros suggested them.

Cheers

Mark

Jon,

Axi have a £5 delivery charge unless you spend £50 (I dont need to), I'm trying to avoid generic postage charges that take no account of what they actually cost to post.

Mark

Mark
P&P is not just the cost of the postage. These days it means Post & Paypal as much as Post and Packaging. All those costs (or CC charges if not using Paypal) have to be accounted for, and the profit on a £1.43 anything is approximately nothing. So if you just want one BL, someone has to process the order and the cost of employing them to do that job almost certainly exceeds the added value of the order.
S

Steve Maskery":350ce111 said:
Mark
P&P is not just the cost of the postage. These days it means Post & Paypal as much as Post and Packaging. All those costs (or CC charges if not using Paypal) have to be accounted for, and the profit on a £1.43 anything is approximately nothing. So if you just want one BL, someone has to process the order and the cost of employing them to do that job almost certainly exceeds the added value of the order.
S
Over the years I've sold a lot through eBay, and despite even eBay emphasising the point, folk don't get that the cost to post is Post + Packaging I even had one buyer complain strongly that I'd charged 23p more than the stamp cost of £7.27! When I explained I used about 3 yards of new bubble wrap and a new box they calmed down. That said I do see some sellers quoting silly amounts for P/P that are way over the top.

Hi

I'm fully aware of why these costs are charged by some companies. I just wanted to avoid paying it.

Steve I know I mentioned your charges further up the thread. It was never my intention to annoy you, I apologise if I have.

Mark

No you haven't, don't worry about it. I've had much worse recently!
This week someone has written to me saying, and I quote:

"I really LOVE your woodworking videos. You are a GREAT PRESENTER and VERY INFORMATIVE absolutely TOP NOTCH, and I would buy ALL your dvds except for one thing.

The HORRIBLE DREADFUL Music."

At one time that would have upset me. Now it just makes me laugh. I guess I can't please all of the people all of the time.
I'm not offended, honestly. I was just making the point.
S

Steve Maskery":1ba4uf94 said:
The HORRIBLE DREADFUL Music."

S

I tend to agree, not on your DVD as such but on any of them, and that especially includes You Tube. Why do people feel they need to put Music on these instruction Videos? If I wanted to listen to music I'd put one of my own CD/DVD on.

Well believe it or not I do have some sympathy. OTOH I have to say that I have far more people writing to me asking what the music is and where can they buy a CD?
The trouble is that if you show a machine sequence with no music and no narrative either, it looks very dull indeed. More than that, it looks unprofessional, because that's not the way it's done. Now I know that I have not got it perfect, I've had no formal training (in videography nor woodwork, actually) so everything I've leaned, I've learned as I've gone along. And certainly, if I were starting from scratch now, I'd do some things very differently. I just hope that my taste in music does not overshadow the woodwork! :)
But I think we digress. Were we not talking about Bristol Levers?
S

Steve Maskery":97sab9i1 said:
The HORRIBLE DREADFUL Music.

I'm quite envious of the music, actually. It may not be to my taste, but all my machines just make this annoying whining, whirring, sometimes chugging noise; yours all seem to play tunes whenever you're doing anything!

Steve Maskery":60qjeffq said:
Well believe it or not I do have some sympathy.
I should add that in the clips that I've seen of yours you do tend to use the music more carefully/sensibly than most. It's the ones with music blaring from start to finish that p me right orf.
But I think we digress. Were we not talking about Bristol Levers?
S
Yes, lets get back to Bristols.

Back