Bringing goods from the EU

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your views however well thought, have no impact on anyone else.
I mean, to a point. The price of food in my country is going to go up because of a vote in yours and votes follow views so to say there's no impact on anyone else is just not true. It's an aggregate effect, certainly, but avalanches are just lots and lots and lots of tiny little snowflakes in aggregate, and they'll kill you dead as a dodo with ease, so don't discount aggregates.

Especially since your bridge will collapse if you don't pay attention to the aggregate :D

Can the nurses in the facility give you some medication, or try and bribe the security guard to get you something. Those secure facilities for nutters are rife with underhand transactions
They give me everything I ask for. They even keep the mini bar topped up 24/7.
They want me to stay because I help them out, especially the brexit cases on Farage ward. I've got them thinking they are on a woodwork forum and I only have to talk about sharpening or scrub planes to get them calmed down and fixated, and they stop playing with themselves for a bit.
Going now, nurse says it time for another massage. It's never ending. o_O

Remainer "lies" and scares weren't shared by many remainers and were peripheral to the remainer position, which was basically optimistic, forward looking, positive about the benefits of the EU.
The brexit position was/is the opposite; utterly negative, depressive even, xenophobic, hostile, relying on a weird myth of sovereignty, harking back to the empire, massive lies centre stage; oven ready deals etc etc.
[/QUOTE
Why do you assume that the brexit lies were shared by all who voted to leave? Not me I assure you. I found stuff on both sides utterly cringeworthy, like a bunch of five year olds throwing toys at each other over the sandpit.

Sounds like they had some problem and didn't want to admit it, so they blamed it on brexit.

Why would it sound like that though?
This is a delivery by road, and accordingly to the government there are major delays in Dover.

Delays usually result in something arriving late. Why would it result in a return? We have no brexit here, but plenty mailing delays, especially due to covid rates and different countries' reactions to them. No air ems from Japan, for example (though all of the private delivery companies continue to work in and out of there by air).

They give me everything I ask for. They even keep the mini bar topped up 24/7.
They want me to stay because I help them out, especially the brexit cases on Farage ward. I've got them thinking they are on a woodwork forum and I only have to talk about sharpening or scrub planes to get them calmed down and fixated, and they stop playing with themselves for a bit.
Going now, nurse says it time for another massage. It's never ending. o_O

Don't forget about your posts where you said activists blocking some random lady's front door were in the right because imminent climate disaster was more urgent than her need to go to work. That one was funny. I sure hope it was kayfabe.

I mean, to a point. The price of food in my country is going to go up because of a vote in yours and votes follow views so to say there's no impact on anyone else is just not true.
Let us off this time though. I mean, England has never done anything bad for ROI before has it.

(I'll get my coat)

The one single most dominating brexit theme was control of our borders and keeping foreigners out, on the assumption that they were deflating wages and inflating house prices. Can we assume that there will be massive corrections to farm wages as the season gets going and that rents and house prices will come tumbling down?

Don't forget about your posts where you said activists blocking some random lady's front door were in the right because imminent climate disaster was more urgent than her need to go to work. That one was funny. I sure hope it was kayfabe.
Er, I don't recall that, do you have a link?
Would you like to talk about scrub planes?

I live in France and have tried to place orders with British seed suppliers and have been informed that orders from the EU are not being accepted owing to Brexit. There are 17 M&S food stores around Paris which have empty shelves owing to Brexit regs.

I just wondered if anyone expects there to be a point in the whole Brexit issue being replayed in this thread where consensus prevails?

Anyone who voted Brexit feels they were right and the current issues will bed in and life will go on. The Remainers see it as a self inflicted wound that will blight us for ever. Anyone saying to someone in the other camp words to the effect of “that’s a fair point” is rarer than rocking horse manure ... I just wondered if anyone expects it to change or just ramble on for ever?

"thats a fair point"

:) :) :)

joking aside, Its an interesting point, I personally think division will increase this year and probably next. I can see it calming down in 2022 / 2023 a bit but will then get reignited as campaigning starts on the next election.

currently support for brexit has been boosted by UKs vaccine roll out, but give it 18 months when thats forgotten and people will start to get fed up with brexit damage, especially if theyve lost their business or jobs, then we will see support for brexit dwindling.

lets also remember a lot of youngsters have been made eligible to vote since 2016....and they will be more pro EU.

"thats a fair point"

joking aside, Its an interesting point, I personally think division will increase this year and probably next. I can see it calming down in 2022 / 2023 a bit but will then get reignited as campaigning starts on the next election.

currently support for brexit has been boosted by UKs vaccine roll out, but give it 18 months when thats forgotten and people will start to get fed up with brexit damage, especially if theyve lost their business or jobs, then we will see support for brexit dwindling.

lets also remember a lot of youngsters have been made eligible to vote since 2016....and they will be more pro EU.

Not to mention the bias to always favor what you don't have, because you can't poke holes in the negative things going on with something that's not in place to poke at.

The bias in elections or referendums that are about even odds will always be against whatever is in place because it's a false argument. You're arguing about something practical that's in place and what could be is an ideal. We are starting to go through the same thing here in the US already.

We were relieved to see trump voted out. The news is abuzz already with policy discussion that got trump voted in in the first place. It'll probably take less than two years for people to have a major change of heart (the ones in the center who swing the vote). If there's a substantial tax increase of any type, it will be almost automatic.

I live in France and have tried to place orders with British seed suppliers and have been informed that orders from the EU are not being accepted owing to Brexit. There are 17 M&S food stores around Paris which have empty shelves owing to Brexit regs.

I also live in France.
Tried to place an order the other day, with Machine Mart.
I was told that I need to provide them with an EORI (?), number before they can ship and, in addition,
they could not advise if I would need to pay any import duty.
Suffice to say, for a private individual, that's just too complicated and financially risky, so I simply won't
bother. How many others, I wonder, are facing similar issues ?
BTW, has anyone yet come up with any tangible positive aspects to this debacle so passionately voted for ?

Not to mention the bias to always favor what you don't have, because you can't poke holes in the negative things going on with something that's not in place to poke at.
"Change" is always a vote winner.

That said - I remember an interesting news piece here in the UK a few years back where they interviewed a number of people from strong Trump supporting areas (areas with low income/high unemployment). The angle of their questioning was essentially about how people felt now that Trump was in power, but hadn't really delivered on his populist election promises (and hadn't really changed anything for them). Were they angry? Well, no, not really - they felt disenfranchised by "government" anyway (which was why they voted for Trump in the first place). Even those who weren't still supportive of him weren't that bothered because they kinda expected to get nothing from those in power - so they weren't surprised to get nothing.

I do think there are some parallels in the UK with Brexit; there was strong support in areas where people feel disenfranchised, and, rightly or wrongly, feel that jobs have been lost to immigration. They'll get nothing from Brexit; except maybe further reduced working rights due to changes the Conservatives will now implement. You'd hope they'd be angry with those that conned them, but I doubt that'll happen.

We were relieved to see trump voted out. The news is abuzz already with policy discussion that got trump voted in in the first place. It'll probably take less than two years for people to have a major change of heart (the ones in the center who swing the vote). If there's a substantial tax increase of any type, it will be almost automatic.

I dont know enough about US politics to know really. It seems to me the presidential system means only the super rich get to be president. Do they represent about the average Joe? -I would guess the system works like here -the richest corporations give the biggest political donations in exchange for policy influence...........not much democracy there. I would guess that happens with both Democrats and Republicans.

I get the impression US lobby groups have discovered they can get access to UK MPs for a fraction of the price of the USA. Hence we have the Koch foundation giving money to brexit propaganda sites which in turn give money to MPs.

"thats a fair point"

That, and proportionally more of the crusty old gits who pushed brexit over the line will have shuffled off this mortal coil - from covid or something else...:):):):):):)

Dear Irony.
Wouldn't it be so ironic if the DUP leader, who feels very, very British and supported Brexit made a request for military support to help with the rollout of the C19 vaccination found out that before any military folk go to NI from GB that they have to fill in customs forms, give 15 days notice and inform NATO in Brussels of their movements and fill in NATO form 302.

Ah the good old movement order. This is got round usually by most forces who have to visit lots of different areas of the alliance having an indefinate moverment order in their wallet. I carried the same one round for 9 years before I had to get a new one stamped. Was awesome meant i didn't need a passport for the most part as well except gibraltar, needed my passport to go through spain into gib

Ah the good old movement order. This is got round usually by most forces who have to visit lots of different areas of the alliance having an indefinate moverment order in their wallet. I carried the same one round for 9 years before I had to get a new one stamped. Was awesome meant i didn't need a passport for the most part as well except gibraltar, needed my passport to go through spain into gib

Can you imagine if something kicked off in NI and they needed military support...
Right, call the army.
Right sir.
When will they be here, 24 hrs, 48hrs?
Ah, might be a bit of a delay. Should be here in a fortnight, maybe longer. Paperwork you see, bit of a pipper.

I'm sure it'll be sorted at some stage but could you make it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back