Bringing goods from the EU

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was a Corbyn win ever seriously on the cards (polls or betting odds)? I thought (hoped) it might have just resulted in a hung parliament at best.
Came close in 2017. They turned up the pressure so that it wouldn't happen again. The pressure is still on and Labour is being divided and purged as we speak, with one of the weakest leaders ever.

Came close in 2017. They turned up the pressure so that it wouldn't happen again. The pressure is still on and Labour is being divided and purged as we speak, with one of the weakest leaders ever.

Some certainly thought he was going to win, banged on about it for months and months, then when he did absolute shiite, they found every excuse in the book. Hilarious and great entertainment, the best part is these doollaly, delusional nutters are still among us. They want Keir out and probably bring in some one like red len. They can't see the wood for the trees.

Purged ................... excellent load of bollloxs.
Flinkingnobbit

Came close in 2017? They should have walked it, and would have with virtually anyone else in the Country leading them.

Don't be silly, it was all a big conspiracy to keep Corbyn out of power, nothing to do with him (and his party) being unelectable. Soros and Gates did it, or was it Epstein (didn't kill himself)?

Don't be silly, it was all a big conspiracy to keep Corbyn out of power, nothing to do with him (and his party) being unelectable. Soros and Gates did it, or was it Epstein (didn't kill himself)?
I heard, the teletubbies were giving out false subliminal messages slurring Jezza's character.

For me it's the way Jacob tells em, it's a cracker

Comedian%20Frank%20Carson

No doubt a skillfully manned small boat can survive alone on the economic sea. It would do better in a convoy. A larger vessel entirely is more likely to make better and faster progress, as there are more resources under command. As of now, the skills navigating our small boat are questionable. In the past, it was our choice to be either part of a convoy, or to join a larger vessel entirely; but no one could force the issue.

Users of the phrase "The EU wants..." are using an emotional link to suggest we were being somehow forced against our will by civil servants in Brussels. The EU can only do what the ministers of the members agree to. From the start all agreed to closer political union. That's where it's been going, and the members, not civil servants, will decide how close is close enough. There are bound to be differences of emphasis between members, which detractors sieze upon and promote as signs of breakup.

By the way, happy fish are happy 'cos we're still in the sea, 'cos if we're caught, no one can work out how to sell us...eren't able to influence it, and so voted to leave.
No doubt a skillfully manned small boat can survive alone on the economic sea. It would do better in a convoy. A larger vessel entirely is more likely to make better and faster progress, as there are more resources under command. As of now, the skills navigating our small boat are questionable. In the past, it was our choice to be either part of a convoy, or to join a larger vessel entirely; but no one could force the issue.

Users of the phrase "The EU wants..." are using an emotional link to suggest we were being somehow forced against our will by civil servants in Brussels. The EU can only do what the ministers of the members agree to. From the start all agreed to closer political union. That's where it's been going, and the members, not civil servants, will decide how close is close enough. There are bound to be differences of emphasis between members, which detractors sieze upon and promote as signs of breakup.

By the way, happy fish are happy 'cos we're still in the sea, 'cos if we're caught, no one can work out how to sell us...
Personally I didn't like the direction of travel. Couldn't influence it in any way, much as I would have liked to, so voted to leave.

That's Boris though: no political convictions, just whatever is good for me (though also with a history of poor decision making when he tried to get what was good for him).

I think he expected to just the some grinning flag-waving leader of freedom from the EU with no work. He got lumped with the pandemic and it highlighted his absolute ineptitude. He's not a leader whatsoever, inspires about as much confidence as a 737 Max on autopilot, and his career is probably going the same way.

Ah ok.....so you are clearly an "EU is about to collapse" believer......you are seeking validation eh?......not surprising really, brexits not exactly going well

Er, no. Exact opposite, actually. I honestly think Britain is going to be f**ked so badly by BREXIT that it will serve as a warning to all the other *Exiters, but I don't want to spark a war on here because there is a significant number of members who think the exact opposite.

Public support for EU in both Hungary and Poland is very high.....not surprisingly EU membership has transformed these Eastern Bloc countries and the public there are very keen on freedom of movement.

What you actually mean is, public support for the EU cash cow is very high, and public support for outwards freedom of movement is very high, but public support for some fundamental principles such as respect for the rule of law and universal human rights, nah not so much.

Ah ok.....so you are clearly an "EU is about to collapse" believer......you are seeking validation eh?......not surprising really, brexits not exactly going well

Public support for EU in both Hungary and Poland is very high.....not surprisingly EU membership has transformed these Eastern Bloc countries and the public there are very keen on freedom of movement.
Might be more interesting to ask the average German how they feel about paying for their neighbours new found prosperity, particularly following our departure when they and other net contributors will be paying considerably more.

By the way, happy fish are happy 'cos we're still in the sea, 'cos if we're caught, no one can work out how to sell us...
A good analogy. The problem with the big ship idea is that the bigger the shop the less agile it becomes, taking an age to turn and about 5 miles to stop. Very bad at responding quickly to any situation. Look at the howling balls up that has been made of the whole immigration issue as an example.

Might be more interesting to ask the average German how they feel about paying for their neighbours new found prosperity, particularly following our departure when they and other net contributors will be paying considerably more.
It is interesting how you think rich countries helping out poorer countries as a bad idea.

A good analogy. The problem with the big ship idea is that the bigger the shop the less agile it becomes, taking an age to turn and about 5 miles to stop. Very bad at responding quickly to any situation. Look at the howling balls up that has been made of the whole immigration issue as an example.

There is a huge trade leverage advantage being part of a large trade bloc.

The UKs most important trade markets are: EU, USA, China......UK us now a minnow.

The UK is now weak, it has the highest trade barriers now of any advanced economy.

How exactly have the EU made a mess of immigration?

Personally I didn't like the direction of travel. Couldn't influence it in any way, much as I would have liked to, so voted to leave.
The EU has serious failings and I would agree, I don't like the direction of travel either.

Although I don't like the direction of travel of the UK and I'm not sure how UK citizens have any real influence.

What influences policy in this country is the billionaire party donors, right wing libertarian groups etc not the public.

I never voted for Matthew Elliott, top govt advisor who is very closely connected to the Koch foundation....a group that is financed by fossil fuel interests and pushes for deregulation.

Yeah, good effort, no cigar :ROFLMAO:

You've put my comment as though it's in response to a different post to the one I replied to.

You can do better than that!

Have a good day at work (y)
Your right, don't know how that happened. I've ammended it.
Still a strawman.

Will do, very good at present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back