Bringing goods from the EU

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Narrator: "It wasn't."

Now I am incensed. How the he'll can you presume to know which way I voted? Look at my original post. I said WE LOST not YOU LOST. That might be a clue or it might not be. It's my business not yours

Trade agreements and customs are separate matters.
A Free Trade Agreement is free of tariffs (at least of those goods that have been covered in the agreement). Customs on the other hand protects the market the trade agreement covers.
I think as time goes on NTBs, such as ROO, Accumulation, Quotas etc will impact more than many think.

Big problems for much of business, perhaps especially services (lucky we don't do much of those) but also anything with complex supply chains or which imports stuff from ROW to export to EU markets.

Copy of PM to Jake.

Jack/Jake or whatever your name is>

Are you deliberately seeking to cause trouble? It seems so. I apologised to Robin for my short fuse, hoping to close the issue.
Your meddling has opened it up again. This meddling was done with intent to embarrass me, for no reason other than to make yourself look bigger than you really are.
As far as I can tell, the post you dug up is from a time when my wife was at home, and she has now been in care for almost 5 years.
I hope you are satisfied with how clever you think you are. I can't find words low enough to describe your actions on this.

What I said eight years ago might now have no bearing on this particular thread.
What I voted for has absolutely NOTHING to do with you, so keep out of that territory.

JW

Last edited:
I've lost count of the number of times I've seen leavers caught to be pretending to be remainers to assist their arguments. I don't think I've ever seen the reverse.

You do know your posts on here are public right? You've just been held accountable for them by contrasting X with Y, that's all. That was about you, yes.

The other post was not.

I'm genuinely sorry to hear about your wife.

Nah. This meddling is about you and your desire to gloat and be seen doing it. Kudos to you. Bask while you may. Acknowledge your sympathies. Eos

No, it's about you trying to pretend to be a remainer so you could say that remainers should be on board the Brexit programme now and should stop holding the decision to Brexit to account by examining its problems, failings, irreconcilable contradictions and impossibilist ambitions. Sorry but that is not going to happen and there is nothing that entitles you to ask for us to do that. Trying to slip in as a "we" isn't going to change that.

I think this thread is providing a real service to contributors who seem to be going through the conventional stages of loss:
  • denial
  • anger
  • bargaining
  • depression
  • acceptance
Being able to express ones emotions is often regarded as helpful. Most have done the denial bit and are now somewhere in the middle three.

Even Brexiteers may have similar feelings. Despite having got the outcome they voted for, it is not delivering the benefits they may have expected, only problems they hadn't anticipated..

The battle is over. As a remainer I lost. I don't want to waste any time or energy on the first four. It happened, get used to it, and move on.

I know this is unsympathetic - so apologies who those who feel I am being insensitive.

We are not in an end state Terry. We are at the start of a journey. If we do not look around us at where we are, we can't fix the things that will need to be fixed. The current deal doesn't touch the sides of doing that, even on its own terms. This is not emotional longing to be an MS again, it is just a recognition that there is serious damage coming down the track if we do not fix things like security cooperation, data adequacy, services access to mention but a few.

C'mon Bob, you have to admit there's nothing like a good flounce from a proper flouncer.
You are right, flouncing can sometimes be funny, it's just a bit sad that basically through nit picking and acting as a gang, you managed to upset a good member of our community. You all understood the post, just acted all high and mighty "I'm better than thou, because I know my geographical terms". Most times a flouncer will receive my waving emoji, however here I see a bunch of smug old men patting themselves on the back for upseting a good member of the forum.

But we knew what we voted for......
Yeah right. Man who voted for internal UK border complains about internal UK border...... Better not mention fish to him.....

7Qt3fa9.png

The European Union front loaded bureaucracy by harmonising regulations (EU red tape).....which then removed bureaucracy from businesses who could trade freely.

Brexit has achieved the strange thing of theoretically removing the red tape of harmonised regulations and standards, but does so by imposing massive red tape onto business.
Very nicely summarised. I suppose that with anti-London sentiment in much of the rest of the UK we can eventually look to a removal of their red tape and regulations, and each of our counties can be free to choose on which side of the road they'll drive, and which pin gets wired to what on a mains plug ;)

(Yea, it's a silly suggestion, but it's only taking a silly step we've already taken to the next level)

But we knew what we voted for......
Yeah right. Man who voted for internal UK border complains about internal UK border...... Better not mention fish to him.....

7Qt3fa9.png
Fairly certain Redwood was one of the "bar stewards" (sic) as referred to by John Major. Says all that needs to be said really.

Apologies, I'm sure this is somewhere in the thread but I couldn't see it in the pages I scanned. I just ordered some nails and a dovetail saw from Dictum, I was not charged VAT. Have I walked into a bit of a trap here? is there going to be a massive faff to get the parcel and extra cost (above VAT)?

You are more tan likely gonna have to stump up when UPS or whomever deliver before you get the package

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back